Skono's Intrepid Oriental Exploratory Extravaganza

skono

Hi girls and guys,

As some of you already know, I am embarking on a trip through Central China and South East Asia. Tomorrow morning I go to Melbourne, enroute to Hong Kong, Beijing (where I will be seeing Cyantific/London Elektricity!), Xi'an (central China), Chengdu (central China), Thailand, Vietnam, etc etc....

So, taking Mike's example, I am gonna keep you heads - if you give a toss - up to date with my travels. No doubt there will be some wild stories to tell along the way

Also feel free to set me non-criminal challenges if you must!

Peace in the Middle East,

Your man (soon to be) in Asia,

Skono

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey skono, how long will you be in china for? im going to china in the next couple of months to see my sister. Could catch up for a beverage!?

also extremely keen to hear how London Elektricity sounds live!

good luck dude

Non-Illegal Challenge #1:

Do so many prozzies that instead of having to exaggerate in later life about your sexual escapades, you'll have to err.. down-size them.

"Thailand.. it aint all about the beach yo!" :bukkake: (so I've heard)

Good luck son!!!

"Thailand.. it aint all about the beach yo!" :bukkake: (so I've heard)

Good luck son!!!

HAHAHA fuck yeah! have a blast skono bro! keep us updated when you get a chance to get to a computer inbetween bangin prozziez

challenge: get a photo of yourself with dj krush or major forces, or some type of hip-hop star we would have heard of... or failing that just get us a pic of some fat foriengers absolutely jga´d and messing with glowsticks =)

haha cheers guys!

well i'm still in melbourne, staying with my little bro (who lives here) and checking out the scenery and greenery (which is actually quite premium and plentiful )

there hasn't been much in the way of beats here; evol intent is playing on friday, but i'm leaving for Hong Kong that night.

i've been checking out the record stores, and i've found one (DMC) just down the road that has a studio for mixing/recording, which it rents out for 20 bucks an hour. So my brother's mate is letting me use his records, and i'm finally gonna have the mix i've been fiending after! the place has a mean dnb selection as well..

as for the asia challenges

Grind; yours will have to wait til thailand, and i will definately keep an eye out for the ones with teh adam's apples

Mike; dunno much about the hip hop scene over there, but i will take a camera along that hospital gig, and get some funny jga'd shots

til next time,

party on!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay team, update time

Just gotta say it; China is a one crazy, fucked up, buzzy motherfucker of a country. Beijing is absurdly huge - not in terms of the height of buildings, but rather the imposingly wide and intimidating size of everything here. Their main train station is about the size of 5 Auckland International Airports placed next to eachother! The city is just miles and miles of CBD - as you drive through, massive concrete slabs of buildings just keep appearing out of the dense smog for what seems like forever. I can't even think of how to explain the enormity of Tiannemen Square etc...

Thankfully however, the prices of everything are absurdly small: about 90 cents NZ for a long neck beer at my hostel!!

The people are friendly - we have been approached by dozens and dozens of girls in the streets and clubs who are keen to talk, have a laugh or a dance. Unfortunately nothing more than that has happened with the laydeez so far.

Okay, now for teh DNB. Last night was the big one: London Elektricity (DJ set) and Cyantific, supported by expat kiwi Elemental (Hayden, who is a bloody good bloke and a top DJ).

The club was place called Cargo, which is THE swankiest place in which i have even witnessed DNB - heaps of amazing psychedelic lighting and a fucking LOUD top quality system. The place was packed with locals, poms, kiwis etc, and the dancefloor cranked hard, with heaps of dirty dancing girlies of all ethnicities .

Oh, and Mike, your challenge is completed: i have a photo of a drunk, overweight asian man dancing with glowsticks! He was a good dude as well I also have a few pix with tony coleman... I will try to post them up soon. (kritical, if you could help with them it would be cool..)

As for the beats - Elemental played a cool liquid/bouncy set, Tony was all about the epic bizzo, while Cyantific played a solid dancefloor set. Technically it was all about Cyantific: heaps of tight double drops and cool switches. Got back to hostel about 7am - there was some gurn action involved

Oh well, hope all is going well in NZ. Sounds like Calibre was mean!

I start heading south soon - should been fun!

EZ

Pete

That sounds mean, well.. apart from the concrete slabs un-surpased by smog.. definatly keen to get some visual candy from that..

Hook us up with pics and I'll host them for all to see

sweet bro... just got back from a market where we ate bbq'd snake, cricket, grasshopper, frog, scorpion and silkworm! will send you some pix from that as well

Skono your non-dnb / non-drumandbass.co.nz friends are perplexed and offended as to why you are posting reports in here but not sending out emails. sort your shit out

yeah i thought that might be the case...its just that bulk emails are so daunting! oh well, i'll get on to one now.

Skono, whats goin on bra?

Have to go ahead and agree with what Pat said mate, I was expecting my inbox to be brimming with tales of your oriental exploits. What gives?

I have been a rather low key fella myself of late, putting all my finances into getting down to ChCh to see the wahine as regularly as possible. Got completely spangled on Friday there last weekend, so much so that we didn't have it in us to get to Calibre and Marcus Intalex the next nite. We were outside that massive club ministry where they have the gigs down there, trying to sell our tickets and good lord wouldn't ya know it, none other but Phil O rocks up... Small world eh.. Still waiting on the report of the gig..

cAreful with those ladyboys

R

Skono, whats goin on bra?

Have to go ahead and agree with what Pat said mate, I was expecting my inbox to be brimming with tales of your oriental exploits. What gives?

I have been a rather low key fella myself of late, putting all my finances into getting down to ChCh to see the wahine as regularly as possible. Got completely spangled on Friday there last weekend, so much so that we didn't have it in us to get to Calibre and Marcus Intalex the next nite. We were outside that massive club ministry where they have the gigs down there, trying to sell our tickets and good lord wouldn't ya know it, none other but Phil O rocks up... Small world eh.. Still waiting on the report of the gig..

cAreful with those ladyboys

R

dude, i don't have your email address... PM it to me! I just sent out a mass email, so i'll forward it to you. that goes out to anyone else who wants more detail on my travels

oh, and bad news guys,

my camera, with all the pix of the gig and heaps of other good shit, was pickpocketed at the markets yesterday

you can't be too careful with your stuff here!!!!!

my brother has heaps of good pix, but he didn't have his cam at the hospital gig. fuck.

these things happen though, and travel insurance is all good, especially when electronics are so cheap in china