new years

jga

~15 hour mission to Nelson (Phat 06) from AK :shock:

I've started saving already... gotta get the car sorted for the trip

2Litre Twin Cam RWD to get me there

Def hear you on the getting the car sorted tip.. Gonna be at least another few hundy to get mine ready methinks..

:armytank:

Roll Out!

Yeah, Phat 06 all the way! best lineup to grace our shores ever i think!

Hopefully ill have this to ride down on:

http://motorcycletrader.autotrader.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=1298943&TabID=3553&Alias=motorcycletradernz

Should be a bit better than the lil 'ol 150cc suzuki

nice motorcycle, i used to own that model like 5 years ago, not that great for long rides but beats a lil bike like teh one you have currently. my next ride after this would definatly be the cbr 600 from honda, a better bike in my opinion, faster , handles better, not as likely to give you the R B A (rolled bowled and arseholed), a great little bike the honda cbr600, trust try one before you buy the kawaka man.

• 2 weeks later...

Phat 06 International DnB Camp. No second thought about it. :drogarsunnys:

I'm taking down my turbo diesel Estima with a bed in the back so I'll be nice and dry incase it rains.

I'm going to be staying in the South Island until Saturday the 7th. Probably cruise over to a beach around Motueka somewhere with Catalyst and some others for a few days recovery :drogarblaze: but I don't know what's after that. Christchurch maybe? Message me if you want to catch up.

Peace.

i will be carring it down to phat 06 in my 2ltr peugeot 306.

would be cool for all the ak heads to be camped near same area.

word.....

that would make it better for and :weedman: .

not to mention :drogarredeye: and then we can all :armytroops: to the floor.... boh!!

DNB NYE in welly:

Originally posted by ddog

BREAKTHRU 06

NEW YEARS EVE 05/06 - STAGE – DIXON ST – WELLINGTON

We are proud to present BREAKTHRU 06. Bringing together Wellingtons best DJ’s and performers for the capitals number 1 New Years Eve bash! Taking over the Stage Nightclub and combining the best in upfront drum and bass, jungle, breaks, hip hop, dancehall, reggae, soul, funk, house and disco. With each of the selectors bringing their own unique style and vibe to the celebrations ensuring premium beats all night long. The party will take place over 3 floors with a production team consisting of the Capitals top lighting operators, sound boys and technicians, a team that has been involved in such legendary Wellington new years parties as The New Frontier and Collaborations. We guarantee you will not be disappointed and invite you and all your friends to join us on the dance floor as we BREAKTHRU to 06!

Featuring:

B-LINE [TOP SHELF/BREAKS ROYALE – AKL]

DDOG [bASSFRONTIERS/BROKEN SOUL]

SAL [bASS FRONTIERS/WMD]

DAPPA [bASS FRONTIERS/BROKEN SOUL]

RUFFSTEP [bASS FRONTIERS/JUNGLIZM]

UKNW [NOISE ENTHUSIAST/BASSDROP]

SENSE [VALVESOUND]

ED Z [VALVESOUND]

CHEMICAL X [bASIX]

INDEKS [LIQUID GOLD]

SNAX [NOISE ENTHUSIAST/BASSDROP]

MOMENTUM [MOOVER]

THE SOLIDWAX DEEJAYS [bOOMBOX]

MIKE ROSS [sHADY DISCO]

NICK WILSON [sHADY DISCO]

FRIED CHICKEN SOUND SYSTEM [GREASY LISTENING]

TAKKAS [GOODLUCK]

MC DELUXE [WISE – CHCH]

MC ANTIC [bASS FRONTIERS – SYDNEY]

MC RUGGED TEK [bASS FRONTIERS]

MOMENTUM - MOOVER

Momentum is a relatively new face here on the scene. He has appeared at Breakationz, WMD, Substance, Liquid Gold and Twisted?. Momentum runs a tight blend of quality full spectrum drum and bass with a musical/liquid focus in his mix to get the club warmed up just right.

DAPPA – BASS FRONTIERS

A regular at Bass Frontiers events over the past couple of years, Dappa is a pure technician on the decks. Precision mixes and great selections of both fresh and classic tunes keep the crowd moving all night. In 2005 he has supported the likes of Ed Rush + Optical, Shy FX and Zinc. With an eye to the future Dappa has been working on excellent collaborations with Agent Alvin and some of his own solo material.

DDOG – BASS FRONTIERS / BROKEN SOUL

With involvement in the Wellington dance scene since 1995, Ddog has seen fads come and go but has always made it his goal to ensure the Welly drum and bass scene and the foundations it was built on would be here for a long time coming. Responsible for Bass Frontiers and its various off shoots, drum and bass is a way of life for Ddog. His sets range from sublime soulful sounds thru to grimey bassbin smashers, taking the dancefloor on a journey with a few suprises along the way.

B-LINE [AUCK] – BREAKS ROYALE

New Zealand’s first lady of drum and bass, B-line has played some legendary sets at memorable parties up and down Aotearoa. Cutting her teeth in Christchurch with the Point Blank crew before shifting up the country to her current base, Auckland. At present a resident at the Top Shelf weekly at FU bar and Breaks Royale at Sandwiches, B-line has been rolling it out since the mid-90’s. This experience and her excellent skills ensure anytime she graces the 1’s and 2’s the dancefloor is in for a real treat.

SAL – BASS FRONTIERS / WMD

Bass Frontiers soldier and Wellyz Most Dangerous drum and bass DJ, Sal is renown for his exact mixing and original selections. Spinning since the mid-90’s he has a commanding presence on the decks taking the dancefloor to the very edge. Deep, dark, and dangerous drum and bass/jungle soundtracks for your evening.

RUFFSTEP – BASS FRONTIERS

Welly’s original junglist! Ruffstep will take you on a journey into the jungle and beyond. Few have showed the dedication and commitment to the original jungle sound and the capital scene like this man. Without a doubt always lays down the heavy vibes for heads new and old, sentimental old school selections tightly woven with today’s biggest and baddest junglizm.

MC DELUXE [CHCH] - WISE

Deluxe has been making waves representing on the mic for the Christchurch massive throughout 2005. Resident MC at Wise Promotions gigs, Deluxe recently performed alongside Teebee holding it down for a capacity Ministry crowd. Now back in his hometown Welly over the holiday period and ready to raise the vibe for the new years party people.

MC ANTIC [sYDNEY] – BASS FRONTIERS

Antic has been absent from the Welly scene for a good couple of years. An early BF resident Antic laced the regular Studio9 sessions with his rapid fire delivery and slick lyrics. He was sorely missed when he departed to Sydney. There he has frequently graced the mic at all the top events, as well as making time to work on his own original productions.

SENSE - VALVESOUND

One of Wellingtons most promising upcoming drum and bass DJ’s, Sense holds down a weekly residency at the infamous Valve bar Tuesday night sessions and also on the airwaves on Flatline FM every Thursday. Full spectrum vibes and smooth mixes are his trademark.

ED Z -VALVESOUND

A relative unknown earlier this year, ED Z wowed the crowd at the Rumble in the Jungle drum and bass mixing comp finishing in the top 4. His first-rate selections and excellent skills coupled with his strong musical background ensure when ED Z is on the decks you will be well entertained. He to is a resident at Valve bars infamous Tuesday night sessions.

CHEMICAL X - BASIX

Chemical X steps up to give you taste of some proper tech dnb. With years of history behind the decks from the Bay area down to the capital city expect an uncompromising blend of original productions and today’s hottest tech dancefloor smashers. With many of their own tunes completed anticipate a heavy unique sound from this set. You can check Chemical X on Flatline FM every Saturday afternoon.

UKNW – NOISE ENTHUSIAST

The Regular host of Bassdrop radio on Firm FM and player at some of Wellington’s finest drum and bass sessions for the likes of Hordak crew and Bassdrop. UKNW always represents with the quality darkside jungle and drum and bass pressure. A key member of Welly's emerging ‘Noise Enthusiasts’ who were responsible for the recent Outrage (Metalheadz- UK) visit to Subnine.

SNAX - NOISE ENTHUSIAST

Having played regulary at Alcove in Hamilton before shifting to Wellington, Snax arrived in the capital to support the Bassdrop Digital Breaks parties in '04 and have a residency at Mercury Lounges 'Breakationz'. More recently he became involved with the 'Noise Enthusiasts', helping put on and play at, Outrage, (Metalheadz - UK). A man with passions towards no specific genre of Drum and Bass, his sets follow a soundscape as diverse as his tastes.

INDEKS

Another local that made it into the 2005 event of Rumble in the Jungle, Indeks has been following the liquid, soulful sound of Drum and Bass since his infatuation with the music began. He now resides at Curve Bar, each and every Friday for the 'Liquid Gold' sessions, and jumps up for a stint on Bassdrop Radio the last monday of each month.

SHADY DISCO

Shady Disco is the autistic bastard child of Solidwax Distribution co-founder Mike Ross and notorious sound geezer Nick Wilson. Born with no conventional sense of musical appropriateness, Shady Disco chew up classic funk, rap, pop, dancehall, techno, R n B and random Latin sleaze in order to power chuck their ingeniously twisted blend of rump threatening, heavy floor mayhem. Their 1st mix CD Live At Good Luck was instant underground classic infecting the airwaves and lounges with a virulent strain of the dance virus. Their 2nd CD, ‘The Shady Disco Celebrity BBQ’ drops very soon. .

THE SOLIDWAX DEEJAYS

The SolidWax Deejays are renown for getting the party mad crunk with a combination of the hottest riddims, lethal beats and deadly rhymes. Backed up by a distribution empire sourcing material direct out of South Central LA, Queensbridge, Harlem and Jamaica you know Solidwax will always represent with the freshest club bangers. With a blunt in one hand and a 40 in the other, Solid Wax blends, mixes, cuts and scratches Dancehall, Reggae, and Hip Hop into an extreme combination of pure dancefloor chronic.

FRIED CHICKEN SOUND SYSTEM

Responsible for bringing bucket loads of the greasiest, extra seasoning coated dirty south, hip hop and dancehall to the dancefloors of Good Luck, Sandwiches and Curve Bar. Notable support duties include UK top dogs Daddy Skitz and Rodney P’s infamous Jack Daniels drinking session in 2004 and more recently the Wang’s Kitchen high jinks at Sandwiches. Scoobay!

WWW.BASSFRONTIERS.CO.NZ

WWW.BASSDROP.CO.NZ

WWW.LIVEONSTAGE.CO.NZ

i am very jelous indeed. Would love to have come home for this but

im slack!!!

Will be , however , in new castle , outdoor hard dnb party!!!!!

Wont be as near as big as phat but im just glad i wont be in a fuckin

club listening to shit. Instead wit ma friends bringing in '06.

Big ups to peeps for making the pilgrimage.

I will be looking forward to reading bout this and the pics!!!! BOH

• 4 weeks later...
  • 18 years later...