R34 GTR MSpec Nur Skyline for sale... got 190K?

Known One

There are a couple of cars floating around New Zealand which you may not know exist on our shores...

There's a Maclaren F1 that used to vacation up in Pauanui, there are plenty of fast Euro sports cars around... You'll occasionally see Lambos, Ferrari's floating around auckland. Hell, there's even the Lighting Direct Porsches somewhere... hell, no one can say that NZ is missing it's share of supercars.

All that said, there is one car which I rate over all of them. The R34 Nur Spec. 250 were made, all of them were built with modifications you normally see on Racecars... Carbon Fibre underbodys, Suspension to die for, the classic RB26DETT but worked like a muther fucker.

Wheels Mag rated the Four Wheel Drive system better then the Porsche 4wd systems. Its Attessa System is 4wd on demand. The V spec editions come with better software and M Spec goes even better. Which makes it one of the most advanced 4wd systems ever put into a car.

Now some idiot is selling his one... and he's in NZ. I've heard that there are 3 in the country... got 190 thousand to throw around?

Gods gift to man!

It's to do with new laws/ ltsa restrictions concerning frontal impact.. All sports cars that are less than 25 years old (ie. not classics) require drivers-side airbags and your not allowed to 'retrofit' them..

I think I've got it mostly right there,, prob a few grey areas though..

Restriction actually applies to cars less than 20 years old..

Some cars feature on 'a list'

The list index can be found here

As for Nissans - R32 Skylines and A31 Cefiros do not comply. Therefore they will most likely only be imported for parts/ race purposes..

This should mean the value of these vehicles will hold or go up over time, as is already the case with the Turbo R32 Skylines. Tell me where i could get a f.o.b GTS-T Coupe for $4K these days? (As was the price on offer in early 2000)

Hmm, I wonder how much a S14 Half cut would set me back.. :-k

Why you be hating on teh Godzilla by postin some competition in this thread...

Mind you, as far as drag cars go, the 20b Rotor + FD35 combo seems like a fun option to me... but I would still perfur to build a Twin or QuadTurbo V6/V8 street car... either that or an insane Single turb straight 6 RB engine.

Oh.. and hehe @ "looks like an MX5"

Hey, it kinda does look like those hard top mx5 mo fo, fo sure!!

No, you're wrong..

:shock:

Might look a bit like a soft top coz the top is painted black to draw attention to the cars potential Driftyness.. (Old school drifters ie AE86's etc had Black Top's)