Riddle me this

Pakage

Im bored..

Thought it was high time for another forum game.

Im gonna post a riddle, and whoever gets the right answer is to post a riddle of their own for people to solve and continue the riddle chain.

here we go:

Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a room which can't be seen into which has a gas stove stop with one element on it. There are 3 switches outside the room, and ONE of these turns on the stove. You start outside the room, knowing that the stove is off to start with and you can subsequently do anything with the switches, then you are allowed to go inside the room ONCE. How can you be sure which switch controls the element (without using devious means) and why?

there's a hint below, enlarge it if you need a hint:

hint: the stove will get hot if it is left on for long enough

Reuben reckons if you switch one on and leave it to get hot, and then switch it off and then switch another one on.

then go into the room. if its red its the switch you just switched on, if its black and hot its the switch you just switched off, and if its black and cold its the third switch.

my second guess is the one with oven written above it