Trade-Me.

Grind

i finally gave in and got my own trade-me account, after just using my old flatmates account for ages (and building up his feedback, the bastard) but the time has come for me to get me own.

i felt like i was the last person in the world to get my account. does anyone here not have one? that shit is taking over.

whats your biggest + best trade-me purchase?

worst trade-me experience?

best useless thing you've sold to make decent money?

trade-me stories go here. and if you see something deace on trade-me that you think people might like attention drawn to, link it up in here.

I bought a huge old power amp which broke a few weeks after I got it. The company who originally built it had gone out of business but re-opened a few years later. The plans were lost and the few technicians I took it to got lost in it's old-skoolness, hence it never got fixed. It's actually still sitting at an amp repair place in Grey Lynn, waiting for me to pick it up, which will cost me $30. Haha, not gonna happen buddy. Keep it.

here's me:

best/worst experience- getting a negative feedback on my flatmates account

also buying a brand new 1210 off impro ltd, paying the money, not hearing back from the guy for weeks, i worked for vodafone at the time and accessed his account, he had cancelled it! eventually went to the cops and told him he was about to get owned, and then a few weeks later the turntable randomly showed up. since then i've told people never to deal with impro

best buy- wharfedale bookshelf speakers at cost price

best sell- sold a record for $100, which i'd bought (2nd copy) for $10. (uncut - chinese silk - calibre rmx)

here's a link to some old-school jungle for sale at the moment. trademe is very good for record shopping!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=1530647

Worst:

i paid someone $30 + 50 for postage for a used door for my vr4. The dude was all the way down in Chch, and i deposited the money and never heard another word despite a few increasingly disgruntled emails to both the seller and the trademe staff (trademe never replied to me either!!)

Best:

I got a washing machine from trademe for $1 (go the $1 no reserve auctions). We turned up to buy it and we only had a $2 coin, and the guy didnt have any change so we got jacked %100 on the price

Best money maker:

I used to sell crappy G-Unit bling watches on trade me. I got them for ~$18 each (for 10) including shipping from someone on ebay in the states. On average i sold them for $50, and the most i ever sold one for was $85! mmm.. people are soo stupid

still have a trademe account, but never really use it.

Ebay UK seems to have a better vinyl selection =p

only had one bad experience in some cunt not giving me a copy of Pack Of Wolves (original)... left overseas and forgot to chase him down.

Just a few days ago I sold the head of my amp for 2 grand, doing the deal tomorrow morning. Then straight to the shop for some new decks (finally ). Bought my radical van from there couple years back. Hmm bought a few bits and pieces like albums, random music shite. I remember I saw a Mike Patton coffee mug so I bought it for like $10.. Lotsa lil shit like that. Havn't had a browse in a long time. Never had any beef with anyone on it yet, been happy trading so far....

best buy: $5 trick zippo style lighter that electrocutes you when yuo try to light it. muahhaha

worst buy: almost bought a tv that secretly had tape holding the back of it. proceeded to have a feedback war with the seller. one of the biggest cunts ive ever met.

Yeah, TradeMe is great for getting rid of old shit you'll never use. We decided to list a box of crap we were just gonna put to the dump, and ended up getting $50 for it. The buyer was stoked too!!

To prove you can sell ANYTHING on TradeMe, me and my old flat mate decided to list a 6 metre piece of piping. Got $5 from a genuine buyer too (not to mention hundreds of fucking inane questions).