good earphones for portable mp3 player

perceptualChaos

I need some good sounding earphones that are small, portable, unobtrusive etc that need to sound good and don't fall out when i'm skateboarding. I have good studio headphones that i've been using but I can't wear them when i'm skating and they are big and annoying, and i'd rather keep them in the studio anyway!

I just bought some Sennheiser CX-300's for like $20 NZ (rrp ~$90 US) which I thought would be good cause most of their stuff i've listened to has been good, but they don't sound that great tbh... I want something better than these.

Anyone know anything about in-ear earphones? I'd probably spend up to about $100. I'm eyeing up the Shure e2c's but after buying these crappy Sennheiser's I'd prefer to get something that someone has tried and recommends.

wouldnt some sort of small headphones with the sports style wrap-around-the-back-of-your-head thing going on be your best bet? Can probably pick up some pretty bassy ones of those from somewhere dude and they are pretty comfortable and wont fall off.

just a suggestion, ive always found earphones to suck..

id have to agree there - I can't stand earplugs personally.

The 'wrap around back of neck' style ones should do the trick perfectly.

Whats do i use for my mp3 player? Pair of old sennheisers' (eH 150 to be exact)

Probably overkill but I know that using my HD 25's kills the battery way too quick =p

No there are now earphones which will completely blow away those flimsy head wrap-around jobbies. Problem is not for less than $100 thats for sure. I would say your best bet is to just hit up the gadget review sites on the net to find something suitable.

A mate of mine just bought a pair of head phones that are like ear plugs - ie you twist them up and stuff em in your ed and they expand to the cavity. Says they are great - mind you hes no pro so sound quality to him may be a little more lenient - ill find out what they were called if ya like timbo ?

throughout the 20 years ive been skating ive broken every portable music player ive ever had while skating....two i-pods,about five md players,couple of old cd players and more cassette walkmans than i could remember....whatever i had on my ears usually got broken some way or another also.....just get some cheap ones so it doesnt matter when you whip out on a 700 shuvit to manual pizza grind and squash them to bits.....

besides skating is incredibly hard and takes a considerable amount of concentration do you really need to be concentrating that hard on sound quality?...