MAC and DOS and INTEL and HELP! (please)

fulltimeplay

Okay a non drumandbass issue but it certainly relates back in some form...

I have been trying to download a programme to run on my powerbook but the thing won't work because it says it cannot be run in DOS mode

I've done a search for a prog like an emulator but it either costs heaps or looks like I have to download a bootcamp thing that looks lengthy and boring - and too complex for what I need

Mac users - any tips?? I'm stuck!

Cheers

Okay a non drumandbass issue but it certainly relates back in some form...

I have been trying to download a programme to run on my powerbook but the thing won't work because it says it cannot be run in DOS mode

I've done a search for a prog like an emulator but it either costs heaps or looks like I have to download a bootcamp thing that looks lengthy and boring - and too complex for what I need

Mac users - any tips?? I'm stuck!

Cheers

err what?

your on a power book running OS 10?

and your downloading a windows program?

Not sure about your mac Power Book... know if it's an Intel based chip or PowerPC?

The Intel Based Chips (CPUs) in some of the Macs means you can actually install Windows on your Mac much like you would a PC.... Boot Camp is software that lets you choose if you want to boot into Windows or OS X in this scenario, which I don't think is what you want because I think you have a PowerPC based Mac not an Intel. If you do have an Intel Chip and you want windows applications to run fast then you probably should try this road.

To run Windows and Windows programs on a Macintosh with a PowerPC chip, you must install emulation software. Unfortunately, the speed will be much slower than on a PC or a Mac with an Intel chip.

Links to some Emulation Software - Which I think is what you want...

Bochs x86 PC Emulator

Virtual PC for Mac

Guest PC for Mac

The first link I'm pretty sure is free to download, the other two I'm not sure about. If you can't get any of them to download without paying, hit up this thread again... and we'll introduce you to our friend Torrent

btw, Hi fulltimeplay[er]... welcome

cool thanks I'll try those links, much appreciated.

yeah my mate blazem (dirty dog) loves that guy Torrent, I never quite got introduced properly though...

but will try anything at this point

and thanksing to you for the welcome (and information of course)

cool thanks I'll try those links, much appreciated.

yeah my mate blazem (dirty dog) loves that guy Torrent, I never quite got introduced properly though...

but will try anything at this point

and thanksing to you for the welcome (and information of course)

hehehe hey remember that hard drive that jett found on the doorstep? its full now..... what a fiend huh