NZ Music Month

mike

Thats right, its the first day of NZ Music Month.

Bust out that Realtime/Disturbance cd, blow the dust off your Supergroove and Split Enz, turn up the Fat Freddys and Katchafire, use your copies of True Bliss as target pratice - ok maybe not the last one...

Anyway - go us =)

Is it me, or does NZ Music Month not have the same hype this year as previous years?

I completely agree...

this year i was hoping to get some sets organised between drumandbass.co.nz & our BurgerFuel stores... Sadly this year we're not doing our normal in store push of NZ Music Month because of other promotions we have going on..

watch out in '08 though

heh.. well.. i might get off my ass and do a mix CD for yall since its NZ music month :idea:

might even try suss it this weekend! got my studio almost setup at the new place, its siiiiiiiick, will post pics for yall to drool over when i get the chance

gotta have a look at that Pakage.

NZ music month I guess isnt really doing much for me cause there arent any releases scheduled for this month - and the last few have been quiet for NZ music.

Bulletproof's album is the only release I know of - come on NZ artists - your meant to all release shit now.

like dose's releases? or urban notion on advanced? or menace's? or trei's? or Vanadis's EP CD? or Teknik?

what are you talking about mike, theres heaps of mean nz shit hitting the shelves right now!!

wasnt talking dnb in particular

thinknig just music in general.

NZ DNB is pumping right now - it kinda went without saying on here.

Last year Fat Freddys had their album explode (maybe it was the year before that) we had Shapeshifter explode - this month I can't name one artist (sides bulletproof) that have an album coming out

Real Groovy has 2 nz top selling albums in its top 10. One is Shapeshifter's Soulstice, the other is Brooke Fraser.

Adi Dick and Op Shop are the other two kiwi artists featured on the front music page. Not exactly bulging at the seems this month =(

Edited by Guest

Last year Fat Freddys had their album explode (maybe it was the year before that) we had Shapeshifter explode - this month I can't name one artist (sides bulletproof) that have an album coming out

Yea man that FF album is a monster! (104 weeks in the RAINZ Top 40, 7 Times Platinum) Dropping an album on NZ Music month is a smart move, with people being nudged and guilt tripped into purchasing something kiwi of the shelf for a whole month.