Phat 06 Pics are up! (Well half of them are)

kritical

I've uploaded the pics taken by pAKAGe and Terror... There are some backstage pics at the end of it.. check out Total Science and Digital kickin it at the backstage area..

My pictures will be posted up after sunday when my Camera gets back to Auckland

Yeah!!! Best time of my life! Best two weeks ever! wicked holiday! A big CHURRRR goes out to all those who made it, and to all those who were there in spirit, we salute you!

I had two weeks off work, and spent about 4 days in wellington catching up with Sera's freinds and family down there before crossing the ditch to the south island. Then about another 5 days or so missioning around the top of the south island sight seeing and relaxing after phat06 which was mean! We got to Farewell Spit, and camped at the lakes near there which was awesome! We went to the fresh water springs just out of Takaka which is supposedly the second cleanest water in the world, only second to the water found under the ross ice shelf in antarctica!! We camped in takaka, and went and camped by the beach for a night, walked around the ruins of the Golden bay Cement mine, and had campfires and beers on the beach! We got up to a bit more than that, but those were the highlights that i can think of off the top of my head (except for the fact that i got to spend two glorious weeks with my gorgeous girlfriend of course).

Totally worth every dime that i spent, and definately recommended to all who are interested for next year!

How was the pendulum set ?? Anyone?

Pendulum was one of the sets I was looking forward to seeing however I was a little disappointed, it was enjoyable but I think their Producing skills far outweigh their Mixing skills.

The main thing that angered me.. when they were playing my favourate tune Plasticworld.. the best part of the track... the vocals right at the end... they chopped out all the mids! I was extremely gutted... that kinda stuff scars for life

Phat 06 is the best DnB gig New Zealand has EVER seen!

I'll defiantly be going to Phat 07! :supz:

Check out the banner that Nato and Kritical made in the 3rd photo. Sadly it didn't survive the trip but I am currently working on a new 3D logo for the site so we'll get a good one for next year.

Sorry I didn't get more back stage photo's to show you what it was like but there's a couple of good ones there.

As usual if you want a copy of any particular photo in full quality (5 mega pixel) just send me a private message and I'll be happy to send it to you.

I'd give the Pendulum set a meager 6.5/10

Got the 'same old same old' vibe from it... Total Science was the pick from that night for me

How was the pendulum set ?? Anyone?

Pendulum was one of the sets I was looking forward to seeing however I was a little disappointed, it was enjoyable but I think their Producing skills far outweigh their Mixing skills.

The main thing that angered me.. when they were playing my favourate tune Plasticworld.. the best part of the track... the vocals right at the end... they chopped out all the mids! I was extremely gutted... that kinda stuff scars for life

Owch so no props for the Pendulum crew aye, well thankfully they do production is still top notch in my book - ill be sure to avoid the live stuff haha.

On the Pendulum tip, the reason their sets have always been, and always will be disappointing for me is because they never tour as a crew, just the solo trip from El Hornet usually. And as far as I'm concerned "dj groups" always party better in numbers when they are vibing off each other. If they fly solo it usually always looks as if they're doin their job and not having fun. Then for the people who produce solo it is very different. They are used to vibing all by themselves writing the tunes, then they get out in front of the crowd and you can see they are buzzing as much as the audience.

I guess my point is, lets see more produciton crews taking the time to tour together. Also, I know its hard to ask from down here in NZ but lets see more label orientated tours. Who would kill for a Comercial Suicide tour, or a Subtitles tour, or a Hospital tour etc etc etc. Spend the cash and make a large fucking party out of it. I know money wise this is a pretty unreasonable request but it would be the shit to see someone doin this.

End late night rant.

Pce

On the Pendulum tip, the reason their sets have always been, and always will be disappointing for me is because they never tour as a crew, just the solo trip from El Hornet usually. And as far as I'm concerned "dj groups" always party better in numbers when they are vibing off each other. If they fly solo it usually always looks as if they're doin their job and not having fun. Then for the people who produce solo it is very different. They are used to vibing all by themselves writing the tunes, then they get out in front of the crowd and you can see they are buzzing as much as the audience.

I guess my point is, lets see more produciton crews taking the time to tour together. Also, I know its hard to ask from down here in NZ but lets see more label orientated tours. Who would kill for a Comercial Suicide tour, or a Subtitles tour, or a Hospital tour etc etc etc. Spend the cash and make a large fucking party out of it. I know money wise this is a pretty unreasonable request but it would be the shit to see someone doin this.

End late night rant.

Pce

I think you hit the nail on the head there man. I used to have a wee tiny bit to do with concord a year or two ago and there is a vibe that you can see when both matt and evan are together but when they play apart .... you're right it just looks like they're working.

I had the good fortune to catch infusion live last time they were here .. WOW. Not dnb obviously but christ could they work a crowd. Best live act ive seen in a long time.

• 18 years later...