snow! 07 plan a trip

abuse420

hay james here, anyone headn down to ohakune/ruapehu at anytime with spare seats in car/ or anyone hu wants to organise a trip let me know always keen for a ride / and also ohakune is mad party zone, so there always that chance of gettn wasted. woo

Haha, I spend almost every weekend in winter in 'Kune.

Waiting for a decent snow-base (gotta have at LEAST a metre on Turoa) before heading down. With a little more snow this weekend could be the one.

one metre dont even fill up the holes ......

Haha, I spend almost every weekend in winter in 'Kune.

Waiting for a decent snow-base (gotta have at LEAST a metre on Turoa) before heading down. With a little more snow this weekend could be the one.

one metre dont even fill up the holes ......

Yea, but it's my personal "minimum acceptable snow base" level. heh. Really need 1.6 metres or more to be GOOD. But you can ride turoa at one metre, anything less and you might as well stay at home and scratch the shit out of the bottom of your board with a knife... same result.

im not worried about my board.i think you should treat a snowboard like a skateboard and just shred whatever,its gay getting all protective over a shiny smooth base...i pretty much aim for anything to jib anyway and riding it onto the road or on rocks is gangsta shit.....

file those edges down and get freaky on some rocks i reckon....

im not worried about my board.i think you should treat a snowboard like a skateboard and just shred whatever,its gay getting all protective over a shiny smooth base...i pretty much aim for anything to jib anyway and riding it onto the road or on rocks is gangsta shit.....

But... But... my brand new K2 WWW! It's such a work of art! hahaha.

Yea, fuck it, after a few runs I will just thrash the shit out of it, I just dont want to completely fuck it on the first day, that's why I'll be taking down my old Forum JP Walker as a rock-day backup! THRASH BEAST!

The WWW will get absolutely thrashed by the end of the season though, no doubt. Seeing as my knee will probably explode if I try any big jumps I'll be hitting up the rails and jibbing rocks/skiers/small children/picnic tables as much as possible this season.

you forgot having a session with yeti must do 4 toura feinds. and yes small children do make for some good jib n. im with zeb cant be all O my board sure its art but all art needs a good thrashing. bring on the outlandish shit i say

you forgot having a session with yeti must do 4 toura feinds. and yes small children do make for some good jib n. im with zeb cant be all O my board sure its art but all art needs a good thrashing. bring on the outlandish shit i say

lmfao small children with braces make a mess of ya board

but yeh, anyone eva keen let me know i may be going to kune in 2weeks . . .providing we get more snow

i say all this shit but then i probably wont even go riding this year....(again)

Yea, fuck it, after a few runs I will just thrash the shit out of it, I just dont want to completely fuck it on the first day, that's why I'll be taking down my old Forum JP Walker as a rock-day backup! THRASH BEAST!

speaking of old forums...

cheers to close encounter for the stick. i got his old devun walsh after it had been run over by a eighteen wheeler on kyber pass overbridge and that board still flies... i've been throwing down at snowplanet on a regular basis on the piece... blunt broken edges and all. although i did give it its first wax in years last night.

hit up the bubble today and it was packed to capacity with an hour wait for tickets... almost like being on the real mountain waiting in lift queues.

still rolled in four deep on one "found" pass, and sessioned the step down for a few hours amidst the hundred or so families sliding around like lost ants... way radder than driving four plus hours to ride cat tracks in the rain i reckon. those fuckers at r.a.l will take at least another six weeks to get anything resembling a park up and running so till then its thursday/friday mornings in the fridge for me.

as for works of art - im all about painting your stick black on day one and rocking tha stencils and sandpaper from that point...

at least get a dope sticker job cranking.

although, the blackjack reference with the jack of spades overlay graphic on that www board is kinda cool... keen to see how you go on it ay g.

lucky 13 ROW for life

speaking of old forums...

cheers to close encounter for the stick. i got his old devun walsh after it had been run over by a eighteen wheeler on kyber pass overbridge and that board still flies... i've been throwing down at snowplanet on a regular basis on the piece... blunt broken edges and all. although i did give it its first wax in years last night.

hit up the bubble today and it was packed to capacity with an hour wait for tickets... almost like being on the real mountain waiting in lift queues.

still rolled in four deep on one "found" pass, and sessioned the step down for a few hours amidst the hundred or so families sliding around like lost ants... way radder than driving four plus hours to ride cat tracks in the rain i reckon. those fuckers at r.a.l will take at least another six weeks to get anything resembling a park up and running so till then its thursday/friday mornings in the fridge for me.

as for works of art - im all about painting your stick black on day one and rocking tha stencils and sandpaper from that point...

at least get a dope sticker job cranking.

although, the blackjack reference with the jack of spades overlay graphic on that www board is kinda cool... keen to see how you go on it ay g.

lucky 13 ROW for life

Yea, I aint got the WWW with the jack of spades and shit. I got this one:

(The white&graff top with the yellow base)

Fuck, I'm gonna go like shit on it for a while, aint been for a serious ride in ages cause of this fucking knee of mine. Not even up at NZ largest fridge.

I still remember the board that you completely "re-designed" the top graphic of when you were at 13 Row. That shit was badass.

Sorry I missed your party by the way cuz, that Saturday didn't end up going quite to plan for me unfortunately. Still gotta hook up and get that shirt off you at some point. I went in to the Snow Centre yesterday (Saturday) and bought me some DC Flares, but you weren't there, I guess I picked your day off to go in, DOH!

im still rocking the nitro misfit i brought off rhys like 3 or 4 years ago shits still fine in my eyes. cant ask for much more whith t plugs every board i ever need in on with a few simple mods made. shit is made to be broken.

Argh, fucksake, just realised my new DC Flares have two right-foot liners in them!

Back to the Snow Centre I go...

lol...

i just found that left foot liner on tuesday. couldnt find a boot with one missing....

it should still be on the shelf with the boots. i aint there till saturday but ill let rhys know. classic

that k2 is pretty nice. heaps cooler than than the new ones. is it last years or a limited?how much did you get it for?

looks likie a nice fun board to fang around the Y-Nots n stuff

Argh, fucksake, just realised my new DC Flares have two right-foot liners in them!

Back to the Snow Centre I go...

lol...

i just found that left foot liner on tuesday. couldnt find a boot with one missing....

it should still be on the shelf with the boots. i aint there till saturday but ill let rhys know. classic

that k2 is pretty nice. heaps cooler than than the new ones. is it last years or a limited?how much did you get it for?

looks likie a nice fun board to fang around the Y-Nots n stuff

I dunno if it's last years or not? A friend of a friend brought a bunch of boards when he was in the states during their 06/07 season to bring back and sell, so it seems like it's actually THIS seasons board, but the K2 website has the jack of spades one as this years board, and so does Snow Centre, but when I looked at the jack of spades one at Snow Centre, it actually looked older than my board, like sorta more faded and stuff... I dunno man, it's weird. I also saw a guy at "The Fridge" last night that was rocking the same board as me (but opposite colour, i.e black background, instead of white) and his was brand new too...

Absolutely jibtastic board, flexi as hell.

lol...

in new zealand we are actually a season AHEAD, of the northern hemisphere as far as snow product goes.

because we are now in the 07/08 winter ranges, we get samples and ranges before it hits the shelves in the u.s.

technically - although, because our shop budgets are often very limited for each brand, we dont get all the illest shit, so you'll see it on the net for sale, even though no-one had it here. and then sometimes they just flip the script completely and relese different colourways of a boot, or board graphics to different regions.

like, right now, our buyer at snow planet will be choosing all the shit for next seasons stock from 09 samples... DC will be making bindings AND boards next year so be on the lookout for those... my pick to scope out will the devun walsh 155.

its all a bit skitz but i'm stoked to hear your board goes good. i'm gonna demo some nitros, i reckon the Marc Frank Montoya pro model looks pretty fun to charge some turoa backcountry on.

as for the boot liners, i had to unpack all the dc boots ane make sure they were all put together properly after fucking around with them for some non-buying "customers". after trying on EVERY boot in or near their sizes, and pulling them all apart to check out features, they left.

presumably to buy the boots they want on trade me.

we call those cunts tirekickers...

did you get a dc new zealand tour dvd with your boots? its a pretty short promo flik but theres some hammers in there, and pretty cool to see the boys loving NZ. i got a copy for ya if you want it...

and speaking of dvd's... The High Life and Bottomless Pockets (dero productions) are well worth a peek.

anyway, im heading down to ohakune first thing on thursday morning with my girl if anyone wants to come for a shred. probably stay thursday, friday and come back saturday evening... fingers crossed for blueys

lol...

in new zealand we are actually a season AHEAD, of the northern hemisphere as far as snow product goes.

because we are now in the 07/08 winter ranges, we get samples and ranges before it hits the shelves in the u.s.

technically - although, because our shop budgets are often very limited for each brand, we dont get all the illest shit, so you'll see it on the net for sale, even though no-one had it here. and then sometimes they just flip the script completely and relese different colourways of a boot, or board graphics to different regions.

like, right now, our buyer at snow planet will be choosing all the shit for next seasons stock from 09 samples... DC will be making bindings AND boards next year so be on the lookout for those... my pick to scope out will the devun walsh 155.

its all a bit skitz but i'm stoked to hear your board goes good. i'm gonna demo some nitros, i reckon the Marc Frank Montoya pro model looks pretty fun to charge some turoa backcountry on.

as for the boot liners, i had to unpack all the dc boots ane make sure they were all put together properly after fucking around with them for some non-buying "customers". after trying on EVERY boot in or near their sizes, and pulling them all apart to check out features, they left.

presumably to buy the boots they want on trade me.

we call those cunts tirekickers...

did you get a dc new zealand tour dvd with your boots? its a pretty short promo flik but theres some hammers in there, and pretty cool to see the boys loving NZ. i got a copy for ya if you want it...

and speaking of dvd's... The High Life and Bottomless Pockets (dero productions) are well worth a peek.

anyway, im heading down to ohakune first thing on thursday morning with my girl if anyone wants to come for a shred. probably stay thursday, friday and come back saturday evening... fingers crossed for blueys

Chur, I always thought we were a season behind the northern hemisphere, so maybe this is last seasons board, either way, I'm loving it...

I got one of the dudes at Snow Centre to make me up some custom footbeds for my boots, so they're a fucking badass fit now... naaaiiice, hiiigh faaiiive...

I didn't get a DVD with my boots, no. But I saw The High Life just the other day, my mate bought it over, it was all good.

I'm hanging out to see what the DC Boards are gonna be like, been hearing rumours about them since LAST season, should be tight. Oh well, only another year before we see them! lol...