What song was #1 the day you were born ...

Turbo Custard

"(I've Had) the Time of My Life" by Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes

Yeeah dirty dancing ya'll

Now I've had, the time of my liiife, no I've never felt like this before, yes I swear.. sorry.

Wish I had wham

... "Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band" by Meco,,, 30.09.77

chek it

that song is BADD ARSE!

"Promiscuous" by Nelly Furtado featuring Timbaland 13.07.2006 ..

jmcc's aka redstars bday,,, ,,

hehehe i will sing him this song on friday!

hahah also all the songs previously listed i can remember when they were number 1

((will accept walking sticks and depends this year for me bday)

That song is everything that was wrong about 1985

hahaha - so true. dark, yet true.

i dunno Redstar, some great things came out of the '80s..

hair metal, thrash metal, glam metal etc were the musics of choice for the counter-culture of the time rather than the wigga / emo crap that most kids listen to now.. hip-hop/rap music started getting some major airtime.. house music was born, and like it or not we probably wouldn't be posting on a dnb forum if it weren't for that..

there were some major technological advancements, ie the first personal computers, gaming consoles and mobile phones.. walkmans, VHS, synthesisers.. slap-on wrist-bands..

ninja's became big business. ie The Karate Kid and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles..

transformers, masters of the universe, G.I Joe etc were the cartoons of choice rather than the emo crap kids watch on TV today.. blade-runner, empire strikes back, '80s slasher movies, evil dead, back to the future all came out.. you could get away with being cheesey in the '80s, by the '90s everything was still cheesey but it just felt wrong..

auckland dominated NZ rugby..

ahhh, gotta love the '80s.

slap-on wrist-bands..

bro! word!

dont forget those fluro springy shoe laces that you didnt have to ties up!

these were both 90s devices

and yes while many good things came outta the 90s, many bad things arose too.

the wholesale sell off of all nz's assets, chernobyl, the cold war, bros. rick astley, shazam, leg warmers, aids, saddam hussain. the iran contra missle scandel proliferation of capitalism the the nth degree, robbie rakete, mike hoskings, synth pop, the ozone depletion being discovered,

I dunno I lived thru the 80s and can remember how terrible they were.

if u wernt there , u can always claim restropectively thru historical artifacts and cultural meems that they (the age in question) was great, but unless u were there viewing the springbok tour , the rise of free market capitalism or the rainbow warrior incident and know how this affected your self and watched as it affected everything around youi, I dont think it can be fully appreciated..

its kinda like me going to someone who grew up in the 70s, "yea man the 70s were dope I know all about the 70's , yeah but I was born in 77,,however I REMEMBER them I know that they were great.."