State of Emergency!

Pakage

I don't disagree that the planet isn't warming :eusa_wall: I just don't believe that the causes are entirely 'Human Based'

\

dude...seriously. take a look around. humans have fucked up the earth far beyond repair. the causes are completely human based. it is not part of the earths natural cycle. anyway, wouldn't it be better to take the precaution and start attempting to change just in case?

i realise you're not trying to start an argument but i had to state an opinion.

the earth does have natural cycles in terms of temperature and CO2 levels. but as i said, currently we're at 4 times the previous maximum amount of CO2 thats ever been in the atmosphere in the last 600 million years. this increase to above the natural cycles range has all happened since the invention of the combustion engine. and the rate of change is far beyond anything seen within the natural cycle.

so we're definately doing something wrong..

its all pretty logical really :idea:

i just have a couple of things to say about this topic.

a lot of the good things in my life rely on our planet being a state of harmony - but, a lot of the methods of production for the toys needed to enjoy these pursuits are done in ways detrimental to the planet.... it's a conundrum - i love the buzz and involvement in outdoor activies which enhance my appreciation and understanding of nature but they are also making me realise how much i fuck up the planet by being involved in them...

so, do i simply give up the treekilling, pollution creating sports of surfing, snowboarding, or skateboarding?

i guess i could sit back and wait for someone else to fixthe problems, or at least keep abreast of new eco-friendly developments and adopt them at huge cost to myself.

or do i become one of the new guard of people in the industry actively seeking to change practises and subtly influence my peers that there is a better, as good or better way?

somehting ive been mulling over ( without the mull ) for awhile now.

the other thing that comes to mind is this, maybe all those crazy tabloid stories and conspiracy theories about extinct civilisations on mars were not all that far fetched... i mean, come on - that face in the rocks thing looks pretty tight. and the dry beds of what appears to have once been "canals", rivers lakes and seas is apparent even in old school photos...

what the fuck ever happened to nasa's mar's rover they sent up?

• 3 weeks later...

one solution

revolution capitalism MUST fall, its an arbitary system that exploits everything,,, until this scourge is erradicated this issue along with many others will only get worse...

(no this isnt a communist rant, commuinism is inefficiant also, but we as a species , and OUR GENERATION must make provisions for a new era of humanity that DOES not rely on exploitation ...

its up to us to make these changes,, defeer from apathy stand up and get thinking

your right, most people are exploiting the fuck outta people/animals/resources/the planet, but capitalism doesnt have to be like that.. i just wish that the big corporations had more of a heart..

lets get something straight, capitalism does work, its brought about some of mans best creations! people love being rewarded for doing good, it just working in some of the wrong ways right now too!

i mean really, since capitalism boils down to rewarding people (with money) for a job well done (making more money or offering skills or services) which is a fantastic idea, perhaps the governments should simply suss out a better/different/maybe seperate reward scheme for people based on their environmental contributions?

or factor it into peoples wages like a tax.

if youre environmentally unfriendly / expoitative then you get taxxed to shit.. or if your really really green, but you dont get paid fuck all, then you could even get reverse tax?

(salary * greenscale) - tax = income?

just chuckin some rando ideas out there.. dont take me too seriously

nah we're not.. we just gotta level up.

the way i see it, life's first challenge was to exist.

its next challenge was to co-exist sucessfully (which it did for millions of years)

next challenge was obtaining consiousness

now to reach the next level, we need to co-exist while having the virtues of consiousness..

we're just in that teething phaze of consiousness atm.. we havent quite sussed it out propperly..

maybe i shoulda posted that up in the 'woah trippy' thread, as this thought actually occurred to me whilest on sumthing strong.