*Contentious topic inside*

thr339z

as the subject sez....

"Ok let me first state that this is not wholly my absolute opinion , it is just a thought I had and I bloody well hope it doesnt come to fruition"

Will Liquid be the "Easy Listening" of our twilight years?"

So I have been thinking...

will liquid be played on the equivilent easy listening web radio/sat radio or what ever will be around in 30-35 years.

i mean dont get me wrong im mad into liquid , im a adament follower of mist and marky and calibre and the likes,

is this an issue that any one else has contemplated?

and is it an issue we should b concerned about?

i don't think so man..

dnb is too fast to be considered 'easy listening' at 174bpm.. unless humans evolve really fast and our heartbeats increase in speed or something i think it's gonna be too much strain on the ticker for most old-timers..

and if you look at the 'easy listening' stations at the moment they are pretty much just 'pop music' stations.. they play the big soft mainstream tunes, like Seal.. (out to Seal by the way - original badman)..

"liquid" dnb is still far from being 'pop music'.

even if the dance music of our time gets playlisted on future easy listening stations it's more likely to be the stuff that gets played on commercial radio right now - mainstream house music like Bob Sinclair..

rather than the likes of Calibre, who is still pretty much underground drum'n'bass in my eyes..

tru that

yea it was one of those "ewww shudder " moments for me. as I was sitting on the bus listening to marky, just thought I would put the idea out there...

I often have "what I like to call "future cosmopolitan/working mens club" visions and to be honest it freaks me out and makes me chuckle...

man I wish I had a time machine some times so i could see what these instatutions would be like in the future

maybe I will make a film set 30 years in the future based ona friday night at one of these clurrrbs,

call it "rave On"

hmmmmm?

I highly doubt it, I agree with what Grind has said...

also.. Liquid DnB is still a genre of Dance Music.. there will always be a gaping divide between a genre of music which is designed to dance to and a genre of music which is designed for sitting in your rocking chair waiting for the cold hand of death on your shoulder.

also.. when Liquid is mixed it gets progressively harder/deeper/rollier/darker... the only way it'd be possible to have a chilled out Liquid Radio show is if you were to play the tracks un-mixed.. that's not even proper Liquid DnB in my oppinion.

So yeah but no.. just no.. no maybes... no sortofs... no.

I highly doubt it, I agree with what Grind has said...

also.. Liquid DnB is still a genre of Dance Music.. there will always be a gaping divide between a genre of music which is designed to dance to and a genre of music which is designed for sitting in your rocking chair waiting for the cold hand of death on your shoulder.

also.. when Liquid is mixed it gets progressively harder/deeper/rollier/darker... the only way it'd be possible to have a chilled out Liquid Radio show is if you were to play the tracks un-mixed.. that's not even proper Liquid DnB in my oppinion.

So yeah but no.. just no.. no maybes... no sortofs... no.

lolz love you werk kritical ...

Why wait till you're old? Doof'n'Boof is pretty much all I listen too, so when I want somethin chilled then it's gotta be liquid, as for teh future? Well I'm sure there will be plenty off aging industry heads that can't hold down real jobs so will start up pirate radio and web radio sites etc, and due to their declining testosterone levels I'm sure liquid will feature frequently on their haphazard exploits..

Why wait till you're old? Doof'n'Boof is pretty much all I listen too, so when I want somethin chilled then it's gotta be liquid, as for teh future? Well I'm sure there will be plenty off aging industry heads that can't hold down real jobs so will start up pirate radio and web radio sites etc, and due to their declining testosterone levels I'm sure liquid will feature frequently on their haphazard exploits..

bhahahahaha

always a pleasure mr kryptex

woot wooit only a few hours until we can sacrafice to teh stove gods!