OFFICIAL RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD- Haters need not apply

Teret

not a bad start for the boys, The Conrad Smith saga is becoming a joke.

The first 20 minutes was great to watch, looked more like a game of sevens. Boys got pretty sloppy in the second half.

TV3s coverage was below par to say the least. The only thing more irritating than the dodgy picture was Hamish McKays terribly bias commentary. Bring back Murray and TJ!!

TV3s coverage was below par to say the least.

It was the IRB feed from the stadium that was corrupted. Half the country was calling into the station complaining but there was nothing we could do expect yell at some french guys to fix the problem. So apologies for that, and hope it doesn't happen again.

good game, ABs are looking mean. coverage was fucked tho eh, had some mushroom tea which didnt help the situation either...

ABs 50+ ... was i right... eh eh

i did a bit of a calculation, and barring any miracles, it will be:

S.A. in the final for sure... VS

the winner of AUS v NZ

which really means that the world cup is just a glorified tri-nations...

South Africa looked shit hot this morning, Du preez(sp?) was impressive and Habana, the most influential wing since Lomu? Favourites to take the cup over the ABs IMO. England are in Dire straits no fly halfs and now an injury to their centre and Robinson, who played out of his skin for England.

Fuck I Love the RWC

noit a huige rugby fan but,

get on a few beers with your mates and watch your county smash the crap out of another, yeah its primative but fuck it! really? it was awesome to watch the AB's waste Portugal! 108 - 13 I think.. something like that, point is we won and it was crack up to watch the other team get shat on! LOL ~!

• 3 weeks later...

-the French were outstanding and proved once again that when they get passionate they are capable of beating anyone in the world. They switched up their game-plan brilliantly from half-time onward, playing more a traditional French running game (that coach Laporte had more or less quashed until now) with ruthless defence. The ABs pick & go is the best in the world. They held out. Respect

-the referee was absolutely fucken shocking!!! the IRB needs to sort this shit out. Luke McAlister should NOT have been sinbinned, this cost us their first try. The second French try was from a blatant forward pass. There was a lot of indirect influence as well- at the breakdown French players got away with murder! totally strangled our game. also, what was with the French getting awarded possession from those scrums?

-when McAlister was switched to 1st 5 and Ice moved to 2nd 5 you could tell Graham Henry was having a mare. In hindsight he probably realises that Aaron Mauger and Doug Howlett should've been there. Gutted..

-the reconditioning theory was a failure. The only player who peaked at this WC was Ali Williams, and arguably McCaw although not so much in this game

-the rotational policy throughout the pool stage also proved to be a poor move, as most of us suspected. The team didn't really gel, most telling example of this was Byron Kelleher and Leon MacDonald colliding (literally, and more than once)

-the concern that we weren't able to play the inevitable "3 point game" materialised. There would have been half a dozen < 30m drop-goal opportunities from that last pick & drive sequence had we been prepared to play it. dropgoals = crucial in post-Wilkinson era rugby. We need to realise this

-it's good for the game that NZ and Australia are out of the WC.

-the boys gave it their all. I'm heartbroken, dejected, gutted.. but I actually feel sorry for them. Particularly as half this team are going off-shore now..

-

-the referee was absolutely fucken shocking!!!

-the concern that we weren't able to play the inevitable "3 point game" materialised. There would have been half a dozen < 30m drop-goal opportunities from that last pick & drive sequence had we been prepared to play it. dropgoals = crucial in post-Wilkinson era rugby. We need to realise this

These were the key points for me. I'd say without a doubt drop-goals were discussed before the game but probably from Carter or Evans. Im taking this loss pretty hard. Maybe we didnt deserve to win but we didnt deserve to go out like, Poor refereeing, does nothing for the game :|