telecom fuckdnesss

shucks

Yeah bo hard. Yesterday from about 9am-130pm i couldn't text to 021s at all. It kept telling me 'Message Service Not Subscribed', whatever the fuck that means.

I heard from a number of other cats that had the same shit and just not being able to text at all.

Pretty fuckin poor.

basically tekescums network is falling to bits its rotting and ancient the error that you are getting is about gateway provisioning on their CDMA network ,

Vdas GSM net work is far more superior and stable ,, as tekescum provision a new gsm network they will have more issues.

gsm is the future too bad tekescum are so behind,,,

meh I say port ur contract over, tekescum is the equivilent of playing drum and bass on edisons wax cylinder to playing it on an ipod

there are many many limitations in tekescums protocals that voda have no issues with , as the months roll on you will see more tangible examples of these...

yeah different technologies pretty much, both are 2G ie "second generation" mobile technologies though so they are on a similar level

if telecoms network owns that of vodafones, it would be because their physical infrastructure is better, not because CDMA is any better than GSM in terms of range.

GSM (vodafone) is way better for roaming (ie travelling overseas) because it's standardised and very popular in other countries, plus it's based around SIM-cards which is a definite plus in terms of what handsets are available. telecom has shitty phones, and most of the big companies have stopped producing CDMA handsets altogether

GSM is def not the future of mobile technology though, ben. it's 2G! you can't do much with it. the future is the 3G technologies. W-CDMA, HSPDA etc through which you can deliver high-speed broadband and shit.

Sounds like Vodafone is the go...

Telecom took a punt on CDMA years ago, which is perfectly adequate technology besides from the fact that it's not as globally used as GSM (2 Billion people speak pretty loudly).... therefore Telecom Users get shittier handsets as more effort is put into making descent GSM handsets...

3G yea yea, but so many GSM handsets floating around (Thanks Vodafone Pre-Pay) I'm sure that shit will be going for decades to come)

I've had problems with Vodafone's SMS here in Auckland, but all and all it's been pretty good... I frequently get the same txt message every 15 minutes for hours

Bring on watch cellphones I say

*nods head*

definitely, definitely..

that duplicate text problem sounds annoying, although from what i remember of working at vodafone there's a good chance it's a handset issue rather than network issue..

on a related topic, there's been talk of at least 2 new mobile phone service providers entering the market over the next year.. great news.

*nods head*

definitely, definitely..

that duplicate text problem sounds annoying, although from what i remember of working at vodafone there's a good chance it's a handset issue rather than network issue..

on a related topic, there's been talk of at least 2 new mobile phone service providers entering the market over the next year.. great news.

werdz

shall be very interesting times in the next few months

competition is allgood but in the innital I would suggest going with what ur knowing.. who tremembers when there were four providers onece before?

that was a flash in the pan and then there were 2 again.

the issue is with these new providers (one of them that will be "piggy backing" on an existing network and the other that will be building a net work. is the logistics of building sed net work is huge,, so until the bugs are ironed out of the "new " gsm net work I would chillax and watch and wait

as who knows? existing providers could theorhetically offer provisioning that could out pace the "new " network

but thats where I must stop as this is getting into "c4 territory"

this problem seems to have gone away now, but like.. still pisses me off that teleshit can just have these problems and not tell anyone about it or anything, what is the point in a txt if its not instant ya nah mean...

shit man, imagine goin back to the days when you had to arrange meeting times etc over the land line and then just hope that itd all work out, people must have been alot more organized back then... i dont even think i am old enough to have had to do that...

shit man, imagine goin back to the days when you had to arrange meeting times etc over the land line and then just hope that itd all work out, people must have been alot more organized back then... i dont even think i am old enough to have had to do that...

\

it was good!

and we survived,

and met up...

and got fucked up...

\

it was good!

and we survived,

and met up...

and got fucked up...

word

the hardest time mustv been when out and about on the piss and u get separated.... that would truly suck. mind you, u'd probly established a meeting point in case ..... the invention of cellphones in my mind have both benefited and hindered ones ability to meet up with people in town tho, back in th day, wen someone sed 'il be there' it ACTUALLY meant that, nowadays its so easy to just txt and say 'sorry dude/girl i feel like flagging' - in otherwords it reinvented the term 'piking'