Free Running in Auckland?

kritical

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used to do some pretty hex free climbing around dunedin on my stumbles home... fuck knows how i didnt break my neck.

a lot of the buildings are gothic with parapets and gargoyles and out of it life size greek god sculptures... fuck it was cool sitting up there pretending to be a gargoyle and swinging down the outside of the fire escapes and shit.

then i'd get home to our apartment next to the massage parlour and get out on the awning and play(try) the saxophone...

wonder how many dudes i put off their game with my blarings

ha ha ha.....is this a joke paul..???

ive got to admit when someone jumps across buildings and from fire escape to fire escape its pretty gnarly.....some parkour shit is off the flingin meatrack...respect to the guys that get heavy on it.

but running around the city with an invisible skateboard jumping over rubbish bins and doing pirroettes down the three stairs at aotea is frickin silly to say the least,especially for a grown man,you may aswell get some of those heely shoes with the wheels in them and a razor scooter while your at it...

just be a ninja paul,thats dope,you dont need to hang out with a bunch of nerds that pretend to skate.....and theres video games for that anyway....

I reckon once you've been doing it for a while you'd be able to out run all the cops in Auckland. Also seems that practising parkour has some kind of link to excellent taste in music, the majority of the clips on youtube have really cool soundtracks, lots of dope French hip-hop and stuff.

• 1 month later...

you should just join the HASH HOUSE HARRIERS. they've got a few clubs round AK.

it's basically a beer drinking club with a run once a week.

it rolls like this...

each week a different member hosts the meet. they are called "The HARE".

everyone turns up at their place and starts on the drinking...

once all late comers have arrived(fine for late coming - skull one vessel)

the "Hare" sets off on their run, marking a trail in chalk arrows for "The Pack" to follow...

about ten minutes after( a few more beers) the pack sets off to follow the hares trail with the goal being to catch up...imagine a crew of large rowdy men(and women) boozed up, running round the streets, with vessels of grog, horns, trumpets, bells, and FUNNELS, hoorooying and causing mayhem...the trails are normally preety crazy, and depending on the neighbourhood, go through shit like bush/mangroves/over culvert pipes etc...

now, along the way, the hare can set some check points with multi arrows some of which will be false trails, and usually about halfway in a park or suitable spot they will set up the "PISS STOP". for taking a piss, waiting for the laggers to catch up(fine for lagging - skull one vessel) and most importantly, where the ombudsmen will have ready and waiting, A KEG, for refill of vessels.

and then theyre off again to follow the rest of the trail eventually reaching the ON HOME chalk sign. then its back to base for a good old fashioned HASH up. (everyone brings a can of food or similar to put into a massiv pot of HASH. and of course more drinking...

this part of the night is where the fines are issued, examples of which are; lagging, late coming, front-running,new vesel(you're supposed to keep yours for life), new shoes(fine - skull one shoefull), being a noob, bringing the noob, and heaven forbid if you were the hare - getting caught...

upon completion of your first run, you'll be given a name. this is the name you'll forever be known as world wide in the hashouseharriers...

some names - GawdKnows, NoThanks, Slightly Gaga, Schnapper, Merv The Meat, Tits, Mongo, Catweasel...etc...

it's pretty crazy fun times. i experienced a bit of this growing up as a few members of my family were involved in these clubs. even my nana!

my uncle al was known as headspin, as his party trick was putting on a bike helmet and doing headspins while drinking his vessels... messy.

they're a worldwide organisation, holding annual general meetings of citywide clubs, nationwide GM's, and even worldwide meets... usually in PHUKET thiland...

check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

speek for your self i think these names are fine and suitable for what ever these people want to call them selfs. do you see me ring out dj's saying they sould be named for exactly what they are doing. i think not. unless you get inverted i think you have no ground to stand on.

any name for this activity is gonna sound wack.....

anyway....wheres your footy kris boberg.....i heard you talkin alla'bout dis ting but i aint seen no clips yet....

i know your a freak when it comes to shredding and getting outdoorsy so i know you got tricks....how many stairs can you jump?

(sounds much cooler with "....ollie au bay?" on the end)

what are you getting inverted off?

any name for this activity is gonna sound wack.....

anyway....wheres your footy kris boberg.....i heard you talkin alla'bout dis ting but i aint seen no clips yet....

i know your a freak when it comes to shredding and getting outdoorsy so i know you got tricks....how many stairs can you jump?

(sounds much cooler with "....ollie au bay?" on the end)

what are you getting inverted off?

Where do i start

Dude Kris did a back flip of a very high kids tunnel in a playground he has some photos that i took its fucking nuts.

Back flips of sand dunes on parkari beach while tripping

Drunken roof jumping