LAST WEEKEND IN OHAKUNE...was sick - PHOTO'S UP NOW

Guest Room101

so, its finally the last weekend of the snow sliding season, weather forecasts are looking promising and there are parties galore planned.

not the least of which to be Alex Hamiltons 21st on Saturday night...

Hosted by Speakerwire in association with RadioZero @ The Projection Room, with the towns new favourite dj's Cluedo and Veer, and maybe even some lyrical lashings from myself, should be a fun night with halloween party at kings bar and the infamous south side boardriders wrap up party back at the clubhouase, which usually goes all night.

and hopefully we'll score some fresh snow by the looks of the charts with sunny skies for the last day mayhem.

so, whose keen?

anyone planning on driving down Friday night?

i'd be keen for a spot in the wagon...

text me up. 021 0278 1455 - Kel.

Edited by Guest

ps.this is not a plug or an event promo...just putting out the feelers y'all....

*insert blatent promo/plug emoticon.

im hyped on the kune vibe,always a good crowd going hard for the beats.....anyone heading down for a last ditch effort in snow related heroism for the season should come check out this party....

i fully intend to hike to the summit of this mighty volcano this weekend.

its actually not much of a mountaineering expedition. pretty much a casual forty five minute stair climb...

but hey, the view from the top - for the first time with full sight - will be worth it.

the run down is alright too...

zeb, ive got some nice flows for this gig too.

biggup ya dj

its actually not much of a mountaineering expedition. pretty much a casual forty five minute stair climb...

but hey, the view from the top - for the first time with full sight - will be worth it.

the run down is alright too...

zeb, ive got some nice flows for this gig too.

biggup ya dj

Nice one bro, great minds think alike, I've got my hiking bag packed as well as my "trampons" (hiking crampons). Keen as for a summit mission.

I'll pick you up from your work about 5-ish.

Hahaha, so much for that eh? Shit, I'm sore enough today as it is, if we had hiked the crater I'd be hospitalised with exhaustion or some shit.

I found your sunnies in the car too, give me a yell and let me know what the easiest way to get them to you is.

faaarrrkk! what a weekend that was eh?

awesome mission down and back in the weaselmobile(!)that is a fucking SERIOUS wagon matey!:armata_pdt_23: :armata_pdt_11:

ripping day on the mountain on Saturday, with mellow weather and great snow conditions, some eye-wateringly fast lines were had, rock drops and boosters with minimal punters on the hill. had fun charging around with weazel and following boberg off some luda' high drops with sketchey run-outs.

chilling out after a long day, and watching the sunset, which shone thru a departing weather pattern was nice, and we were primed for a big night out at the projection room.

setting up the bar and still no sign of the d.j's but texts confirming there imminent arrival to the show.

how was it?

Alex's party was SICK!

warmed up at radio zero, with a few vodkas and took over the playlist dropping some birthday requests in there...

was nearly time for the gig when the FTB crew stormed into the ship, commandeering the studio and talking rubbish on air so we rolled across the tracks howling at the full moon as it rose from (seemingly) out from the crater of Mt.Ruapehu.

kicking off with pressies, cake and the obligatory yardy, the place sooned turned into a packed house going off with plenty of randoms in the mix rinsing it out.

cluedo n veer absolutely OWNING the night, full moon halloween howling ravers loving the break tracks, and even though they went apeshit for voodoo people,smack my bitch up and LupeFiasco remixes, there were still a few Sub-focus requests, and never a still moment on the dance floor. dope set with the boys going back to back building it up with the last hour just SOLIDNESS with a fair bit of tech bizzness going down.

ten in a row break tracks wasn't it?

girls? yes, quite a few, and they were all Deluxe.

with many free/cheap drinks and wide eye concoctions down the hatch, it was obviously not going to be a short night, and sure enough, once the license at projection room finished, the boys packed up and headed out for rangataua.

I opted for sleep(or at least bed/cuddles) knowing that it was going to be an epic day in the morning. But when the boys crept in at sunrise i was kinda wishing i'd kept going...

but, after a little sleep in and some coffee/.biscuits for breakfast we were up and at it, and had the boys convinced to come shredding and geared up in no time...

Sunday was awesome weather but a bit tracked out/icey snow/more packed and tired from last nights shennanigans...all good fun with snowball fights in the lift line and crazy follow the leader type riding going down. rad to see zeb n nate ripping it up too... i still buzz out that zeb can get on board after four years and ride so smooth.

weazel was charging, rhys b, willy and the ftb crew making their presence felt with gnarly lines and rowdy behaviour and goodvibes from everyone all over the field.

all in all, a great weekend, and even though i'm gutted the season is over i'm glad we went out with a bang. only 230-ish days to go till next season, and counting down....

keep yours eyes and ears open for next years line up of cluedo shows in ohakune, and get some riding in while you're there.

biggups, the dj's cluedo n veer, mr.speakerwire at projection room, ftb, kune massiv, radio zero, dr.weasel, all the randoms, turoa, Lish, alex n byron and everyone else who has made the nights out and days riding so damn fun. see yous next year

zeb about to slash one off the top.

dr.weazel on the way up...

thats dj Veer with a huge smile on his dial

cluedo slashing

NOT a manlove moment.

forgot to throw this one in... taken just prior to rhys' having his board snapped(second one this season) on his last run of the year...

"I HAVE AIDS, OF THE BUM AND MOUTH"