Moving to Australia

zzzp

Is on the cards for me sometime late next year, going to get a transfer with me job.

However, i dont know a thing about Australia, other than its big - . Im looking for a pritty amping, fun, arty city basically, and not expensive like sydney. Of course, there has to be a dnb scene to jump into as i hope to be pritty decent at mixing by then. Main reasons for move is Auckland is getting abit old, its still cheap as to fly back to NZ for winter sports etc, and the money factor over there owns NZ.

Any comments or knowledge in regards to this.

Is on the cards for me sometime late next year, going to get a transfer with me job.

However, i dont know a thing about Australia, other than its big - . Im looking for a pritty amping, fun, arty city basically, and not expensive like sydney. Of course, there has to be a dnb scene to jump into as i hope to be pritty decent at mixing by then. Main reasons for move is Auckland is getting abit old, its still cheap as to fly back to NZ for winter sports etc, and the money factor over there owns NZ.

Perth is the one for the DnB scene, and I guess you could say it's arty(ish) but since it's on the OTHER side of Aus, it kinda negates the whole "cheap as to fly back to NZ" thing.

Bro...

That's got MELBOURNE written all over it...

Fuck Perth, aside from a large dnb scene it's a cultural oasis

Hit up 'simcard' who posts on these forums.. he'll fill you in on the Melbourne dnb scene. I've heard its pretty good.. they get all the same internationals we do plus more.

Yea it sounds like u want to move to melbourne. Perth is better for dnb tho but is just like auckland with better weather not as much to do. The thing with melbourne is if u go to a dnb gig 50% plus of the people are NZers.

We get nearly all internattys u guys get with some more and not some as well. The only thing that would bring me back from living melbourne is FU none of the clubs here have sound systems made for DNB.

Rent in melbounre is ok if u want somewhere close to the city ur looking at $120 to $160. It does take a while to find a place tho. Public transports is a shit load better then AK as well.

PM me for more questions if u want

Check out www.melbournednb.com or www.melbournebeats.com for the forum action. I tend not to post on melbounrebeats there are a few dickheads there