Light's on , No one's home

thr339z

*sigh*

:|

why yo sighing?

is there a point to this thread?

absolutely

care to elaborate?

well I would but im not going to impose my subjective on your subjective that would make a collective objective its open to interpretation.. I know what it is , but saying what it is would establish a dominant paradigm, which is not my intention,,

the emphesis is on deconstructing the artifical or superficial narrtive within the semiotics of the text that is offered and then creating judgement on the implied superficial simulacra,

its semiotics one 0 one baddman,, care to enter?

or look out side implied boxes of this reality and mirror your open eyes against the images

lights on? any one home?

Edited by Guest

basically what this is... is a test its a preamble to an exhabition im going to be doing in march

"lights on,,,no ones home " is and will be a statement against what many people hold to be "truth"...

no one thinks any more and when they do its regimented and implied,

take genreism,,

thats implied and manufactured and seeks to lock the inderviduals mind into stupifying conservative and apathetic idioms

then take the basic formulas of our everyday life ,, get up , go to work , work for nothing , come home and consume ,,,

we have no time no space to think and no inclination to change and no ability to break free from "their ways of thinking"

this will be a multi discipline exhibition with static images moving images and sculpture,,,

\ why am i doing it

basically drum and bass and the lack of thought and lack of "newness" in the scene has forced me to create it,,,newness

why has something we love become so stale and rudimentary?

the formula the culture the ideological branding has locked us in to a never ending cycle of unbridled hedonism and apathy.

drum and bass /jungle was "the most radical" the "freeist" the "most progressive" now due to its popularity,

has been watered down to a generic fizzle at being different when in reality its all the same , over and over and over again.

after 13 years this is the position i have reached,

Edited by Guest

... no one thinks any more and when they do its regimented and implied, ...

then take the basic formulas of our everyday life ,, get up , go to work , work for nothing , come home and consume ,,,

we have no time no space to think and no inclination to change and no ability to break free from "their ways of thinking" ...

I hope I'm not included into -your- "our" or "we"... sigh~ I didn't sign up for these groups!

I have a job, I like my job, I like the people I work with. I work so I can have money to travel and climb and have fun. I go home and then go training because I like it...

I think about stuff! .. about climbing, about the weekend, about past trips and where to go next. I can hardly believe climbing-bum-hippy-ism is regimented thinking... Unless all the above goes without saying and you're implying only thinking about really abstract stuff for the purpose of being abstract...

I'm not trying to offend and I'd love to see your exhibition!

hopefully I'm not judged before I walk in the door...

... no one thinks any more and when they do its regimented and implied, ...

we have no time no space to think and no inclination to change and no ability to break free from "their ways of thinking" ...

I hope I'm not included into -your- "our" or "we"... sigh~ I didn't sign up for these groups!

I have a job, I like my job, I like the people I work with. I work so I can have money to travel and climb and have fun. I go home and then go training because I like it...

I think about stuff! .. about climbing, about the weekend, about past trips and where to go next. I can hardly believe climbing-bum-hippy-ism is regimented thinking... Unless all the above goes without saying and you're implying only thinking about really abstract stuff for the purpose of being abstract...

I'm not trying to offend and I'd love to see your exhibition!

hopefully I'm not judged before I walk in the door...

and more power to u

I have all these aformentioned things (except for climbing)

but really? is that it?

why shouldnt we look beyond? what we are told to see EVERYDAY whats so great about our collective experienece of this city , this suburb this street in this world in this ecconomic system in this life? , is it not implied and imposed? why cant we move forward? and why dont people want to?

,,, and it would b dope if u come and chek out me shiz.. and I hope you do I would welcome you 2, and I hope you are challanged to see that there are no absolutes

Is this a promo for an exhibition or something? Because I have no idea what its called or where its on even after reading 1 and half pages of spiel.

Edit Oh wait I just realised its the title of the thread. You might want to put that in bold somewhere, it all seems to merge into one rant.

Where is it on anyway? I'll have a look.

yeah sorry im a bit ranty at the mo since i turned 30 i have basically re-developed my radical positions

alsao actually coincided with the non drug taking im doin

the exhibition will be in 2 and a bit months

I have been working on many of the images and video for around 3 years.

the sculpture is next

I have also started on a campaign of street art this is being actioned as we speak