Crysis Appreciation thread

Pakage

Such a sick game! Loving the destructable scenery! and omg, the crabs and ducks and shit! soo crackup! you can bash/shoot them Trees even fall over if you shoot them for a bit!

And hahahah.. if you swim out too far from the island you get pwnd by a massive shark!

And big ups for being able to see you feet!! its a small thing, but in soo many games you cant.

my cracked version kept on fucking out tho.. its weird, when i first run it its sweet but then when ive stopped playing and try play again later (either loading a saved game or even starting a new one) the game the graphics are all fucked up. I can see the map terrain but none of the objects (trees rocks, enemies etc..) are there.. such a fuckin lamez0r. I tried reinstalling my graphics drivers and directx nothing worked. Only reinstalling the game fixed the problem but i dont really wanna have to do that every fuckin time i wanna play.

So i um, i ended up buying it online. its such a fuckin sick game and i really wanna play it, so after that breif trial using the cracked version i really dont mind paying $70 odd dollars to play this freakin sweet game.

rekkon this problem with the cracked version is some bug deployed by the developers?

Anyone else having issues?

i cant get into first person shooter games ay.......blowing shit up gets a bit boring after two minutes for me....

but if i had the funds id be getting a xbox 360 for that EA skate game...its off the fuckin chain....so rad they finally made a skate video game that non skaters dont understand how to play and maybe the only thing that all skaters worldwide will agree is dope......

you actually have to understand the way a skateboard and skateboard tricks work to be able to do anything decent....ya cant just hit the grind button and magnetically travel thirty feet out to a rail and do a million kickflips out of it....in fact there is no grind button...ya gotta nail it bang on or ya just miss the grind obstacle....kinda like real life but not really but kinda....

Edited by Guest

Skate is the first thing EA has done right in a very long time. The Tony Hawk series was good for what it was, but Skate is a plain evolutionary LEAP FROG.

Lets just hope they don't give us Skate 09 with nothing but slightly better graphics

[/end derailment] Crysis Physics engine :armata_pdt_11:

Glad to see you went from cracked -> legit after liking the game.

If it didn't screw up, would you have gone out and purchased it?

I did this for FEAR. Downloaded and trialled it, to see if it'd run.. Got a few levels in. Deleted it. Went out, bought the full DVD's etc.. Played the fuck out of it.

Had my girlfriend engrossed from the first level so she'd sit behind me watching, pointing shit out and then scaring the shit out of me by physically reacting whenever anything scary happened which made it seem even scarier for me.

Fun times.

Hard to say really. This has happened to me a bit of late. Ive downloaded a cracked version, wasted half my monthly cap downloading it and then either its the wrong game, the rar file is corrupted or something fucks out later and then i end up buying the game.

eg. stalker, bioshock and now crysis.

Id be lying if i said 100% that i definately would have gone out and bought the game regardless if the cracked version worked flawessly or not. To be honest, i probably would have stuck with the cracked version unless the online play was worth the cash.

But yeah, lately my tendancy has slided towards saying that buying legit is actually worth it.

First of all, < $100 is really not a lot of money to pay for the hours of entertainment that it provides. However, I think this proportionatly corresponds to the amount of money im earning, making it inherently subjective.

ie. as my pay packet increases the need to waste my time/datacap/effort to get an illegal copy + cd key + no cd crack is lessened.

Also, as the quality of games increases, it makes the money that i pay for them seem to be better spent.

And as i mature (as with most people), so does my respect/appreciation for others hard work.

Thus, even just combining these few factors that ive outlined.. Paying for good games doesnt even seem like that much of a big deal anymore.

Hard to say really. This has happened to me a bit of late. Ive downloaded a cracked version, wasted half my monthly cap downloading it and then either its the wrong game, the rar file is corrupted or something fucks out later and then i end up buying the game.

eg. stalker, bioshock and now crysis.

Id be lying if i said 100% that i definately would have gone out and bought the game regardless if the cracked version worked flawessly or not. To be honest, i probably would have stuck with the cracked version unless the online play was worth the cash.

But yeah, lately my tendancy has slided towards saying that buying legit is actually worth it.

First of all, < $100 is really not a lot of money to pay for the hours of entertainment that it provides. However, I think this proportionatly corresponds to the amount of money im earning, making it inherently subjective.

ie. as my pay packet increases the need to waste my time/datacap/effort to get an illegal copy + cd key + no cd crack is lessened.

Also, as the quality of games increases, it makes the money that i pay for them seem to be better spent.

And as i mature (as with most people), so does my respect/appreciation for others hard work.

Thus, even just combining these few factors that ive outlined.. Paying for good games doesnt even seem like that much of a big deal anymore.

Exactly the reasons I started buying legit.

Now lets go kill those suckers

:armata_pdt_42:

Now lets go kill those suckers

:armata_pdt_42:

heh, word! still waiting for my d/l to finish tho 15 hours and counting

Dude get rid of dial up :armata_pdt_11:

lol bro! if i were doin this 6gig download on dialup id be still waiting for it at new years!