so, i hear TC is playing at fu...

Guest Room101

are you going?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. are you going?

• yay
    • nay

where is the event thread for this event and how is this not the most off the chain thread on the site?!

oh, also, i registered on bassdrop. it was kinda strange and all different and i got a bit lost and couldnt find the thread i was looking for but i found the tc and logistics thread, bt then i came back coz i like dbnz site way better and the colours are heaps more chill and i dont get all rarkus and want to throw the computer.

that is all.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and we have a thread in the events forum however it is entitled Subtronix January 2008 Dates .

Re: A us not having an off the chain TC thread. The reason is because TC sold out twice as much as Dillinja, but in about 1/8th the time.

I'm still going, I was merely explaining why there was no huge thread about him. I know what most people on here think of him, and thats about it.

The drawcard for most people for that night will be Logistics, and of course the fact that its the first taste of international dnb in the new Fu. Will be interesting to see how Fu Bar side copes with a big night.

i didnt think it was a selling out issue.....i thought everyone just hated his tunes....selling out is just getting paid anyway....and besides its not like he sold out to coca cola or adidas...or did he??

who did he sell out too??? sony or virgin records or something...???

that would be selling out i guess.....

anyway....some of his tunes are cool and im willing to give any visiting dj/producers the benefit of the doubt...ya never know what their gonna pull out....

I just mean selling out to the masses, which in itself is not a bad thing, but for people who like one direction an artist takes, there will always be people who wish he'd taken another. He made an album to move numbers, fair enough, but to be brutally honest all he made is 1 month shelf-life disposable drum and bass. Yes it will go off like a motherfucker in the club and yes I am looking forward to seeing him and Logistics, but no I will not look back on 2007 in 5 years time and wish I had snapped up that TC album when I had the chance.

Oh and we have a thread in the events forum however it is entitled Subtronix January 2008 Dates .

Re: A us not having an off the chain TC thread. The reason is because TC sold out twice as much as Dillinja, but in about 1/8th the time.

ok on the subtronix thread. i should of thought twice...

but as far as "selling out"... this is a long time bone of contention with me. especially when other so called muso's like yourself are bagging people for it.

if by selling out you mean, he released a whole bunch of tunes(most of which i thought were sick, a couple that got a bit samey) and got PAID, then yes he did.

but, maybe he was sitting in his bedroom type studio for years creating those tunes, like yourself, and one day caught a lucky break. finally with capacity to release his whole collection just went nuts stitching tunes together.

1 month shelf life?

man, maybe to you uber-dnb-officianado's, tunes like these club-bangers will never be "cool", but to some of us old junglists, theres always room for the hits alongside the classics...i guess being a dj, and you know heaps of other dj's so when tunes like these go big it seems to you that they get raped, but id say the majority of the dnb massiv here at least, havent even heard half his stuff. i love his style, and a couple of his tunes are what kept me hyped on drum and bass thru the zeb-practise mixing-next to my bedroom-at-seven-in-the-morning-when-i-had-hangovers-on-sundays era.

i dread the day nath, when someone offers you a record deal, and you decide not to accept on the grounds of not being a sell out. no-one would get to hear your tunes.

shame too, coz some of that early bounce motherfucker type ish was off the heezey.

for real.

fuck it, its way too early for this type of lark. i need a coffee, as you were.

anyway, logistics.

TC

international gig at FU the day i come back from holiday... emoticon-less

Edited by Guest

if by selling out you mean, he released a whole bunch of tunes(most of which i thought were sick, a couple that got a bit samey) and got PAID, then yes he did.

Actually yes, thats exactly what I said.

I just mean selling out to the masses, which in itself is not a bad thing, but for people who like one direction an artist takes, there will always be people who wish he'd taken another. He made an album to move numbers, fair enough.

I wasn't bagging on TC, I was telling you why there was no massive thread on the matter because we've had this exact convo a few times on this site.

//Edit, and I totally agree, way to early for this shit. I'm off to work, ahh Commix Call to Mind to get me there in one piece. Niceness.

yeah, word. anyway, have a good holiday bro. would be a good gig for new years catch up's i reckon.

:arrow:

/// but, have a good day at work first too...

i'm working in the sylvia park mall thil midnight.

i'm sure i';ve done one of these joys of retail spiels before....

ok on the subtronix thread. i should of thought twice...

but as far as "selling out"... this is a long time bone of contention with me. especially when other so called muso's like yourself are bagging people for it.

but, maybe he was sitting in his bedroom type studio for years creating those tunes, like yourself, and one day caught a lucky break. finally with capacity to release his whole collection just went nuts stitching tunes together.

1 month shelf life?

man, maybe to you uber-dnb-officianado's, tunes like these club-bangers will never be "cool", but to some of us old junglists, theres always room for the hits alongside the classics...i guess being a dj, and you know heaps of other dj's so when tunes like these go big it seems to you that they get raped, but id say the majority of the dnb massiv here at least, havent even heard half his stuff. i love his style, and a couple of his tunes are what kept me hyped on drum and bass thru the zeb-practise mixing-next to my bedroom-at-seven-in-the-morning-when-i-had-hangovers-on-sundays era.

i dread the day nath, when someone offers you a record deal, and you decide not to accept on the grounds of not being a sell out. no-one would get to hear your tunes.

shame too, coz some of that early bounce motherfucker type ish was off the heezey.

for real.

fuck it, its way too early for this type of lark. i need a coffee, as you were.

anyway, logistics.

TC

international gig at FU the day i come back from holiday... emoticon-less

This post deserves a giant

thanks brad.

nath, is that cover real? fuck those album covers were sick i reckon...

i didnt even know roni had done that mix... shows how awesome tc was/is for him to want to vip it. maybe that was tc's plan all along>>>

"i'm just gonna make a whole bunch of tracks that the heads want to remix...now for the samples... wheres my old school hand held games at"

Its more when im listening to it how much effort actually went into the tune. Look at the album Evolution. Call To Africa is a wicked tune. A shame the rest of the album I think is average.

Thats not to say there isn't a place for those tunes. On the dancefloor they do damage and yeah - We all get down to them once or twice. But in 5 years time will they still sound fresh. Or will it disappear in the raft of other tunes that sound almost the same.

As much as I take the piss outta wobble etc it's all good and no point hating on that part of the scene cause it has its place.

Some jump-up tunes (honestly jump-up/dancefloor > wobble) like Subfocus - Druggy are just smashers and I don't think you can find one head who hates that tune.

Look at the Jump up tunes of early 2000 you had Grimey and other Dillinja killers, The new Bad Company repress album is full of amazing jump-up tunes. Fresh's first solo efforts are DOPE! The dancefloor sound has been dumbed down so much over the last 2 years

You look at those promo picks I put up - There are some absolute SHOCKING tunes. No thought no effort, too many drugs? TC is easily a step above them in production, but I just can't see myself buying the TC retrospective album in 2015

end incoherent rant

Edited by Guest

I'm definately going to TC - whats with all the hating? if you dont like his music/tunes/mixing sweet as, but why bag the dude?

Whats with all the hating Well.......

You know that fuckwit you bag at your work

or that emo with the funny pants you see walking down the street and you give him shit

Or countless other situations where im sure you will have given people shit.

Im pretty sure you have bagged countless things/ people in your life so stop being a hypocrite and plus its all in good fun.

Oh yeah T.C is shit he makes throw away crap music. That is my opinion and im entitled to it. Some of it is fairly well produced though.

WHERES MY MONEY back for this shit record i just bought

Edited by Guest

this poll alongside the yay and nay options also needs a,

"I might go depending on how much money I have spent over New years and I will also be mindfull to save enough to attend and have a good time at Teebee and Calyx, Big Day Out, and Andy C."

If I did go to this gig it would be for Logistics and the girls who will go just for TC but I will most likely never see at a dnb gig other wise (well until Andy C 2 weeks later that is) because as my friend Jarrod put it (know as headphones guy to some) "if you stand behind a row of girls dancing at a wobble gig you know how the music got it's name.

That is all.

evoke - it's the internet man, don't you realise it's all about hating on everything except boring throwaway neuro"funk"???

There is a shitload of boring sounds the same as the last fulla neuro atm. I'm fully digging the Commix Album, the Lynx single on 31, the D Bridge Genesis EP sampler, and all sorts of manky business.

I'll pull the neuro back out of the crate for winter