so, i hear TC is playing at fu...

Guest Room101

are you going?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. are you going?

• yay
    • nay

WHERES MY MONEY back for this shit record i just bought

well, it's like this. i work in retail. i sell surfboards. this is not really a try-before-you-buy product. so, my customers are generally either seasoned surfers, and fairly well educated about what type of board they need, or they are coming in as total newbs to ask for advice and reccomendations.

buying records i perceive to be very similar. except you DO have the advantage of listening before you lay down the loot.

so, hakomi, which type of punter were you when you bought that album. seasoned head or total newb. and did someone trick you into buying it without listening?....

lol to that then

Cheers for the advice bro you just made my day

I is not a noooob

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bwahahaha at chin strokers, sure some of his beats are cheese but you dont have to buy his back catalogue just come to the gig and hear his tunes once and theyll be slamming. He'll be packing some insane dubs too.

Part of the reason everyone gets sick of TC is because his tunes are so initially satisfying that they tend to get thrashed. I remember the first time I heard Deep at Marky a couple of years back it was stuck in my head for 2 weeks!

you dont have to buy his back catalogue just come to the gig and hear his tunes once and theyll be slamming. He'll be packing some insane dubs too.

Since I've been lucky enough to not hear his tunes a billion times (only a few hundred) I'll be there getting down the jump-up massif.

Who wants to trainspot TC's set? BTW - does anyone know if TC play vinyl or cds?

From an interview http://www.planetdnb.com/dnb_interviews2166.php

Some people diss the more dancefloor-orientated side of DnB – where it’s all about big hooks and drops. What are your feelings on the matter? Are they missing the point?

Some people want to go out at the weekends go to clubs and dance to dance music. They want to go to nights like Moondance and have a great time meeting people and dancing together, feel the tunes etc. The thing I love about drum and bass is there are a lot of passionate people, whether they like some thing and not another is not the point at least they are passionate about something.

Personally I love all styles of drum and bass except the dark stuff!!! (only kidding) it all has its roots in the same place, from hardcore jungle techno, and let us never forget this.

Sums it up nicely in his own words - I do feel like :deadhorse: but fuck it, its relevant

sweet as, i liked that quote about the passion of dnb soldiers. its too true.

thats why i love drum n bass so much, it's a firestarter on so many levels... from listening while walking around, to pre-surf amp up, raving, just doing stuff. dnb always keeps my mind ticking at the right pace.

ill be there to spade the girls.

ill have my ipod on rinsing a break and fierce mix tho

actual gol's on the this one bro... it would look pretty funny, you up there getting a tech krump on while tc drops some fizzed up pogo anthem...

but, for once, i'm siding with Phil. it's definately going to be a booty shaking, mayhem mixing mash up. cant wait to see how TC performs live...

and i'm pretty sure i do have his entire catalogue.

i'm sure the spotters noticed, heaps of his tracks have same/similar samples in them, which could make for some awesome double drop rumble style mixing.

waiting. breath is off the hook though............

Definatley the good thing about DNB is that the people involved are all involved for the same love of the music, And i know where people come from saying about TC being a sell out and making similar tunes each time. but i do enjoy some of his tunes.

And i mean what tune do you buy and lasts that long in your immediate tune selection. they all get put towards the back of the crate one day to be reminised with again later. But of course there are timeless classics that will be remembered forever! and in the changing faces of time you can only make classics by creating something new. But yeah Logistics and TC will definatley be a good night of some slamming dancefloor tunes. I just pray that the sound changes up and doesnt just go jump jump jump wheres my money. personally cant stand the same sounding music for 2 hours of any genre being wobble jump up tech or dark. gota have a bit of change somewhere. Defintaly gonna be an epic january cant wait to work throught the rest of the years line up.

Thats why its cool they've got two completely seperate artists. Well ones who produce different styles. Cause you'll get TC's style and then Logistics and just like any DJ, they can bust out a mad set and suprise you.

I just want to hear Logistics play Uprock so i can go FUCKING MENTAL!!!

and i'm pretty sure i do have his entire catalogue.

no you dont.....

its funny how everyone is only making reference to about three or four tc tunes....

i'd be very interested to know if any of you even bothered to check anything else of his....

http://www.discogs.com/artist/T.C.+(2) <-- the (2) bit doesnt work so type it in manually)

TBPH - He hasn't been that prolific over the last 3-4 years. Not like Calibre or Break, but thats not necessarily a good or bad thing.

I own Lets Go/New Year and his Junglesound Remix (Anyone want a copy of Adam F - 8 Ball/Junglesound - TC remix? Going cheap $10 =p)

From memory his remixes of Warhead and maintain were OK.

Im keen to hear his remix on Spearhead as well

You've all flopped your cock out over Break this year, anyone doing the same here?

Logistics and TC will definatley be a good night

personally cant stand the same sounding music for 2 hours of any genre being wobble jump up tech or dark.

2 internationals on the bill for the price of one, and they both play completely different styles.. booya!

Logistics and TC will definatley be a good night

personally cant stand the same sounding music for 2 hours of any genre being wobble jump up tech or dark.

2 internationals on the bill for the price of one, and they both play completely different styles.. booya!

word to that i reckon......ill be selling mix cds outside to get in if anyone wants one of mine....$5 each...

• 2 weeks later...