Get well soon Mark (a.k.a Future One).

dr_weazel

I haven't really heard much apart from what I read on bassdrop but it sounds rough and as I said on bd; It's a shame when something like this happens to anyone, let alone when it's one of the most undeserving of such treatment.

When I came back to Auckland after my time down south I felt like a relative stranger in my own town. Mark was one of the first people to welcome me in with open arms as it where (alongside Paul, RIP).

I wish Mark all the best in his recovery and love to those by his side.

Not a good time for Auckland dnb atm. Stay strong as it will get better.

Yeah, I felt a bit weird posting it on Bassdrop, but knew that there were a lot of close friends who did not know yet and thought Laura and Mark's family might like the support.

Big ups Mark, you are a true soldier in the community and I wish you a very speedy recovery.

I hope the dude who did it gets everything he deserves.

Hey all!

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I may as well give a quick run down for the people who havn't heard the proper story...

I was assulted by a random guy at the camp site on Great Barrier Island where my friends and I were staying resulting in a broken nose and eyesocket. Apparently the guy already has three previous assult convictions Anyway the police arrested him and we are waiting to hear about a court date.

I was flown back to Auckland and had an operation to reconstruct the bottom of my eye socket because it was royally fucked... As well as looking bung, the muscles controlling my eye wern't working properly and caused me to have bad double vision.

Luckily the surgery went really well and I've now got some titanium mesh and two srews in my eye socket as well as some cool X-Rays.

I'm well on my way to getting better and should be out and about by next weekend!

I want to say a huge thanks to Laura and to my friends who helped me out on the Barrier when the incident occured. Everyone has been so good to me. Also thanks to everyone who's sent me txts and emails!

Hopefully catch you all soon!

Mark

Luckily the surgery went really well and I've now got some titanium mesh and two srews in my eye socket as well as some cool X-Rays.

So they ran out of cyborg implants? Damn - I really wanted to see you come out of surgery with one of those red light eyes ala terminator

Seriously, great to see things went well with the surgery etc.

here's to a speedy recovery

Such a nasty thing to happen to such a pacisfistic bloke!! Don't think I've ever seen Mark anything but relaxed and peaceful the whole time I've known him...

biggups to all who gave support on the bazza.

Mark, buddy, no doubt you'll have a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself and that eye

Such strange and horrible news coming back from my hometown

loving vibes to all from Japan

Edited by Guest

jeepers...get well soon buddy.....

i hope the cunt that did this goes down bigtime.....and if he has three previous assault charges i imagine the judge wont be going lightly on the fucker....

take it easy bruv.....peace.