SPLORE anyone???

Guest Room101

so, i know this is not technically a dnb event. although with a pinch of shapeshifter every shop girl from here to huntly will be going...

but what i'm wondering is who from dbnz will be going? i went last time and it was an awesome kickback festival experience, which i'm hoping to repeat this year.

heaps of live performance stuff, mean food and "craft" stalls, arts/installation trail, trippy "themed" camping to have a gawk at...epic stage set up right on the beach, with a fresh water swim-hole and jumping spot up the beach a bit... and with headliner pharoah monch should be deece too.

i've been going to these gigs since they started as non-commercial psy-trance affairs, and now that they are bi-annual multi mash ups, i reckon the ticket price is well justified. i'll be on the mish with photo's this time too for those of you unfortunate enough to miss out..

with a pinch of shapeshifter every shop girl from here to huntly will be going... "craft" stalls, arts/installation trail, trippy "themed" camping,psy-trance affairs,

just a couple of key words there.....ha ha ha.....go get em duckpond.

with a pinch of shapeshifter every shop girl from here to huntly will be going... "craft" stalls, arts/installation trail, trippy "themed" camping,psy-trance affairs,

just a couple of key words there.....ha ha ha.....go get em duckpond.

do you mean "pinch" and "shop girls" or "craft" and "themed" bro?

will be Julz n I on the mission this year. Last party for awhile before I go to Indo so hoping for a rinse out. not sure who's playing the dj stage but saw paddy free from pitch black last time and stomped a dirt patch thru the grass in my bare feet.

basefm has a sound system there now too so make sure you check it out...im sure theyll be bangin out some sweet tunes....i tried to get a set but apparanly even the basefm djs had to buy a ticket so no go for this soldier....have a good one guys..

this was wicked. pretty cool bumping into you bassheads too. chur.

so, highlights/lowlights???

for me - walking down to the festival from our tent on the first night for a casual look around and a "mellow" night. Bump into DJ in a Box and proceed with the getting on it and tequila drinking....

Kora smashing it-every time ive seen these guys its been a different set and better and better. mashed up state conceiving video concepts for them. all i'm gonna say at this point is "green stigmata"....

Pharoah Monch slow jams and telling everyone to get their lighters up...

not the best show ive seen in awhile...let down to say the least.

well, Tiki's stage show was epic, had a bitivan emo moment listening to Past,Present & Future, which he dedicated to all the family and soldiers who are no longer with us. I reckon Kritikal woulda loved the show.

Although I'm pretty sure that the performance with his dad and the Kapa Haka group is not a very nice nice song at all, but more like a war-dance-we're coming to get you'snd take our country back type of affair... someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ummmm....serial smugling out of the bar area bottles feijoa wine to drink from on the grass at the spot.

shapeshifter. seeing the coupley thousand people gathered to pay homage and still managing to slip in right up near the stage, and again bumping into DJ I.A.B and posse, pretty sure i saw Mark up there too...

I got my sammity sam on and had both guns blazing taking out varmits left right and centre...

The Butterfly Zoo - WHAT THE FUCK???!!!

If any of you have ever seen or know what burlesque is you know it's kinda freaky...its sorta like pole dancing crossed with wearable art crossed with really strong acid. but this shit was over the ledge. all i'm gonna say is this...champagne up the duff to fountain of goodness, nos hits to balloon up the duff to pullout blowup and pop with duff...bloodletting and self drinking.

that shit was too much.

finally i just wanna say that any dj who travels for 24 hours with his laptop intending to play a serato set should really think about bringing a crate of "back-up" vinyl.just in case the "stupid computer" decides to have a tantrum... and not just your chilling out funk 45's selection bro.

shame.

all in all though an epic event in a choice place. not one incident all weekend either so i was told.

someone really needs to set up an indoor/outdoor venue by the sea near town already....