An alright gig...

Dold

Queens lost a bit of edge when dero-extraordinaire/bassist nick oliveri was kicked out of the band for pushing the dero limits. But yeah Josh Homme is still the fucking man, and they will rock it.

Smashing Pumpkins would be awesome to see for nostalgic value IMO.

well i think they are absolute mindless dribble mostly....have you seen that video they did??veiwphoria???

they are a joke dold......but like i said brilliant first two albums.....and then just fodder.....

can anyone actually make out anything they are going on about...???

smashing pumpkins:rhinocerous

Planned a show

Trees and Balloons

Ice cream snow

See you in June

Could have known

I would reveal

Should have known

I would conceal your way

She knows, she knows, she knows

How's it

Colors show

After the moon

I should go

See you in June

Your way

Open your eyes

To these must I lie?

beautiful song but what a bunch of ass....

smashing pumpkins are dead to me now. better to remember what they were..

i rest my case......the first ever big day out when they actually were the coolest band on the planet(for 16 yr olds like myself) was enough for me.....

much like guns'n'roses.....if you saw them back then......why ruin it now.????

yeah. i couldn't give a shit about what the pumpkins are upto these days. because its well, shit. But I did grow up listening to them and loving them respecting them sooo Im happy as Larry to see them. Like jagermikester said, some of that material is all im after really..

dece carreer weather ya like them not,,, ruspuct mun

aaand i think your a fool cluedo to mock some old serious bizzo aaand to compare them to guns n roses aaaaand I havn't seen them before in their prime so ill take this opportunity innit.

QTFSA FTW

as long as they play anything off mellon collie and the infinite sadness or pisces iscariot I'll be happy, defintely give way more of a fuck about qotsa these days though.

I'm there

siamese dream!

meh, good but everyone expects them to play today, or cherub rock, I want to hear some of the more diverse songs of those early albums, like quiet or mayonaise, not dissing siamese by any means, its chocka block of solid songs starrt to finish!

yeah. i couldn't give a shit about what the pumpkins are upto these days. because its well, shit. But I did grow up listening to them and loving them respecting them sooo Im happy as Larry to see them. Like jagermikester said, some of that material is all im after really..

dece carreer weather ya like them not,,, ruspuct mun

aaand i think your a fool cluedo to mock some old serious bizzo aaand to compare them to guns n roses aaaaand I havn't seen them before in their prime so ill take this opportunity innit.

QTFSA FTW

im not comparing them to gunners...they are worlds apart.just saying if you already saw them when they were in their prime like old bastards like myself why ruin that memory with a wack reunion tour..but im guessing you were probably about 8 or something when they played big day out so for you seeing them now would probably be a buzz.....i thought they were awesome when i was a teenager but i couldnt care less about them now.i'd rather go see kiss and ozzy if i wanted to see old rockers that still rock.....

anyway...sorry...i didnt mean to be a buzzkiller...have fun boys and girls....

but with the pumpkins nothing much has really changed. I'm sure they will still play a lot of their old stuff. gnr dropped all their other band members (slash etc) which is different cause they contributed to the writing process of the olderalbums, unlike the SP members

At least with Smashing Pumpkins you actually get to see the original line-up (correct me if im wrong on this). Velvet Revolver advertised itself as having more Guns & Roses than Guns & Roses =p

With Smashing Pumpkins you will hear all the 'classic tunes' - maybe they will do a Sonic Youth style gig and just play a single album later on.

i rest my case......the first ever big day out when they actually were the coolest band on the planet(for 16 yr olds like myself) was enough for me.....

agreed about the BDO that was one super fucking spectacular set they played...

however... sp are well wikkid IMO... (bar mellon collie that album is the worst piece of shit I have ever ever heard (yea yea its a big call, but meh its my subjective,,)

their later albums are pretty emo at worst and inspiring at best ,

their latest album is classic sp.. its filthy politically charged grinding and dark,,,

but then again (sorry fer the clintoneske flip flopping,,) gish and siamese are def up there in my top 100 albums...

,, now my last remaining question is whos gonna buy me a ticket?

agreed about the BDO that was one super fucking spectacular set they played...

however... sp are well wikkid IMO... (bar mellon collie that album is the worst piece of shit I have ever ever heard (yea yea its a big call, but meh its my subjective,,)

their later albums are pretty emo at worst and inspiring at best ,

their latest album is classic sp.. its filthy politically charged grinding and dark,,,

but then again (sorry fer the clintoneske flip flopping,,) gish and siamese are def up there in my top 100 albums...

,, now my last remaining question is whos gonna buy me a ticket?

ha ha.....nail in the head right there.

maybe they will do a Sonic Youth style gig and just play a single album later on.

Will be attending that one to.. so many gigs!

also mike, and you asked to be corrected, its just billy corgan and jimmy chamberlin from original line up i think?. like adam said needs more iha..

fuck it

queens

sweet

maybe they will do a Sonic Youth style gig and just play a single album later on.

Will be attending that one to.. so many gigs!

also mike, and you asked to be corrected, its just billy corgan and justin chamberlin

you didn't ask to be corrected, but it's Jimmy Chamberlin

Sounds like a sweet gig to me... Pitty I couldn't afford it!

tbh I haven't heard much of Smashing Pumkins new stuff :|

and MCIS is my fav album by far... good times

Queens lost a bit of edge when dero-extraordinaire/bassist nick oliveri was kicked out of the band for pushing the dero limits. But yeah Josh Homme is still the fucking man, and they will rock it.

Smashing Pumpkins would be awesome to see for nostalgic value IMO.

100%