whats you name again

LyraKil

is it rude to ask for some ones name again.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. is it rude to ask for some ones name again.

• yes
    • no

yo i was a wasted bass head last night and kept forgetting peoples names but yet still sking for them again. some people acted offended but the way i see it is more rude adressing the as bro or mate or what ever the fuck you say. what you think on this matter???

my trick

introduce one of your friends to them, say oh hey this is so and so

then they shake hands (or what ever) then normally the other person goes "Hi My name is such and such"

almost fail safe. and if they look at you to introduce suddenly drop something or tie your shoes while they get the idea and say the name

one thing ive found that works quite cool is trying to allocate some thing to a name so you remeber it easer, rhyming steaz.

thats why i some times introduce my self as kris with a k !

I find I'm so concentrating on tryna get my name across that i hardly catch their name! I do just ask though and then yeah, forgetting straight away again. I usually do "As in... afro with an A"

The whole name thing is funny eh

If somebody I know / recognize by face says hi to me and addresses me by my name, I feel guilty if I can't remember theirs for sure, especially if I 'should' as I've asked them more than once already. Having said that, I'd still ask as eventually it'll stick...

Normally I don't address people by their name unless I think they know mine, as I don't wanna impose that guilty feeling on them... which they prob. don't feel anyway cos it's just me and I'm weird..

my trick

then they shake hands (or what ever) then normally the other person goes "Hi My name is such and such"

:note::note:

this method for the win.....

it usually takes me about 6 meetings to get someones name ryte... BUT even worse , I find is even though I have one of the easiest names in the english language peeps have to ask like 6-10 times in one meeting what it is,,,

it goes somthing like this....

EXT NIGHT, outside club (establishing shot , MS on me rolling ciggy)

CUT

EXT NIGHT ,outside club me rolling ciggy (secondary person enters frame to create a MS2, Left tilt towards new person,,

(other person) "hey bro hows it going?"

(me) "ohh yeah all goods in the hoods! how are u badmang?"

CUT POV ,HAS ,ZOOM to CU of other person

(other Person) " yea man all good , erm can I have a ciggy,?

(me) "yeah sure can u roll?"

CUT CU on my hand {pack o port royal glimmer of foil in the top , my hand quickly grabs it stealth like and hand leaves shot}

CUT XCU left side o other persons face tilted left..

Other person "fuck yea thurg I can roll,,,, whats your name"

CUT LA MS tilted right on me,

(me)" my names Ben"

CUT HA LS tilted left

(Other person) "whats your name?... steve?"

CUT XCU right side o my face tilted right.

(me) " No its ben"

(other person) "sven?"

CUT XCU right side o my face tilted right

(me) "no its BEN, B.E.N

(other person) "ohhhhh DAN!"

CUT LAS tilted right,

(me) {as I take out a taser} "have you ever had a taser to the face?"

CUT HA MS tilted left

(otherperson) "you what?"

WS 2 me tasering face of other person...

CUT 360 pan around MS Stopping on front MS o me looking down.

(me) "my names ben,,, hows that taser to the face feel . ...whats your name...?"

CUT LS body lying on ground tilted left, person sits up,

(Other person) "my names frank"

CUT LAS tilted right

(me) "whats up frank nice to meet u"

MONTAGE cut up and deconstrcted shots of animals eating each other and explosions and war...ending on a sped up shot of flower losing leaves in reverse

REDSTAR logo

FIN

my trick

:note::note:

this method for the win.....

it usually takes me about 6 meetings to get someones name ryte... BUT even worse , I find is even though I have one of the easiest names in the english language peeps have to ask like 6-10 times in one meeting what it is,,,

it goes somthing like this....

EXT NIGHT, outside club (establishing shot , MS on me rolling ciggy)

CUT

EXT NIGHT ,outside club me rolling ciggy (secondary person enters frame to create a MS2, Left tilt towards new person,,

(other person) "hey bro hows it going?"

(me) "ohh yeah all goods in the hoods! how are u badmang?"

CUT POV ,HAS ,ZOOM to CU of other person

(other Person) " yea man all good , erm can I have a ciggy,?

(me) "yeah sure can u roll?"

CUT CU on my hand {pack o port royal glimmer of foil in the top , my hand quickly grabs it stealth like and hand leaves shot}

Other person "fuck yea thurg I can roll,,,, whats your name"

CUT LA MS tilted right on me,

(me)" my names Ben"

CUT HA LS tilted left

(Other person) "whats your name?... steve?"

CUT XCU right side o my face tilted right.

(me) " No its ben"

(other person) "sven?"

CUT XCU right side o my face tilted right

(me) "no its BEN, B.E.N

(other person) "ohhhhh DAN!"

CUT LAS tilted right,

(me) {as I take out a taser} "have you ever had a taser to the face?"

CUT HA MS tilted left

(otherperson) "you what?"

WS 2 me tasering face of other person...

CUT 360 pan around MS Stopping on front MS o me looking down.

(me) "my names ben,,, hows that taser to the face feel . ...whats your name...?"

CUT LS body lying on ground tilted left, person sits up,

(Other person) "my names frank"

CUT LAS tilted right

(me) "whats up frank nice to meet u"

MONTAGE cut up and deconstrcted shots of animals eating each other and explosions and war...ending on a sped up shot of flower losing leaves in reverse

REDSTAR logo

FIN

That is possibly the funniest thing I have EVER seen you write bro. Hahahahaha I'm fucking laughing out loud!

every time i tell someone my name over the phone i have to spell it cos when your name starts with a "z" and you say my "name is zeb" the s and z join up and they think ive said "my name is eb"

and all japanese people think my name is "jeb".....

I don't know how my name gets people so confused with my name but the most common thing I get called is Samantha

or Christina

i can understand Christina but hmmm

anyway it has come to the point where so many people get my name wrong that I answer to most things, unless you are trying to insult me....

I am pretty much the worst at remembering names. The only real reason I can give is that unless I think there is a specific reason for me to remember somebodies name, I simply can not be bothered with the extra hassle added to my night. I almost think my mind goes blank and my ears close off when people are telling me their names as I tend to have not even the vaguest idea what it is less than a minute later.

Bear in mind if you think I know your name there is a good chance I actually don't. If I've been addressing you as Sir or Madame then you fall firmly in the "sorry I don't know your name camp" and if I have been using your name there is still a good chance I'm just getting better at guessing. If you are a guy and I've been calling you girls names there is a good chance I had watched an episode of Scrubs earlier that day.

I am pretty much the worst at remembering names. The only real reason I can give is that unless I think there is a specific reason for me to remember somebodies name, I simply can not be bothered with the extra hassle added to my night. I almost think my mind goes blank and my ears close off when people are telling me their names as I tend to have not even the vaguest idea what it is less than a minute later.

Bear in mind if you think I know your name there is a good chance I actually don't. If I've been addressing you as Sir or Madame then you fall firmly in the "sorry I don't know your name camp" and if I have been using your name there is still a good chance I'm just getting better at guessing. If you are a guy and I've been calling you girls names there is a good chance I had watched an episode of Scrubs earlier that day.

Except for the scrubs part im exactly the same

Haha yeah, I NEVER remember a name ay. Usually if I ask it's more a conversation starter or being polite or something, I don't take it in just gets the ball rolling for some convo.

But whenever I get asked my name and i say 'Dold', theyre all like.. "what doll? dolt?" and im like naaahhh man DOLD, so they generally remember. \

but I cant always be arsed yelling my name in a noisy bar over and over so I sometimes just say Mark to ease the pain.

but then when people call me mark im like "huh??" o yeah thats my proper name.

vicious cycle...

every time i tell someone my name over the phone i have to spell it cos when your name starts with a "z" and you say my "name is zeb" the s and z join up and they think ive said "my name is eb"

Same problem man!! Fucking can be such a pain in the arse! I generally introduce myself as Sebastian now to avoid confusion over Seb! Shit thing is people have a shambles particularly over th phone with my last name so I generally end up having to spell both.

Same problem man!! Fucking can be such a pain in the arse! I generally introduce myself as Sebastian now to avoid confusion over Seb! Shit thing is people have a shambles particularly over th phone with my last name so I generally end up having to spell both.

im feeling your pain mate..

try explaining this over the phone:...zebidee nikau maru beall.....

.i dont even bother saying it,i just spell my whole name straight off the bat....

im feeling your pain mate..

try explaining this over the phone:...zebidee nikau maru beall.....

.i dont even bother saying it,i just spell my whole name straight off the bat....

Yeah the best one I got recently after even spelling my name over the phone, a letter arrived at my work addressed to Sebastain.....

Awes...nice one guys....someone go get the Friend stain remover..

lol ^^

People usually remember my name pretty well when I'm out cause its so unusual it sticks. But yeah, people always say the same thing everytime... I've had a repeat convo with pretty much everyone ive ever met. But fuck trying to get it across in a noisy club...it's just not gonna happen. I always get Katherine...? "Just don't worry about it"

And when ordering takeout or whatever i just use Mark

Meh... I'm shit-house at remembering peoples names, so I'm ALWAYS calling people "mate" or "bro" or whatever just to avoid using the wrong name, and I've never noticed anyone actually having a problem with it.

So basically, if I ever do ask you your name even though you've already told me, dont be offended, I have enough trouble remembering my own name!