Fuck Valentines Day

Pakage

Is valentines day just consumeristic crap?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is valentines day just consumeristic crap?

• yes
    • no
    • yeah, but its still nice to do something cool for your lover

Meh, not a big fan of hallmark holidays like this one to be honest, but yea, it's still nice to do something for your significant other today, but better if you find something unusual istead of the same old same old dozen roses or whatever.

Although, that said, I bought my girlfriend a rose and cuddly toy, so fuck it, I cant even take my own advice...

I quite like it

yes I am a girl whoopdido

but the reason I like it is because as much as you do love to give your partner attention through out the year some times you can get so caught up in general day shit

that you do forget about the nice little things like flowers or saying I love you

hehe

so one day where you do remember and do something for the one you love isn't bad in my books

personally I don't think it's all about buying shit for them, getting up early and making them coffee, or in my case getting up out of bed on sleep in day to help me get ready for work run around finding my painkillers (stupid broken leg) but doing things he didn't need to do,

and to be honest I forgot it was today

hahaha

meh you don't need a particular day to do something to show your partner you love them... besides it's an overcommercialized piece of mehness (english isn't a good language for me today, lack of sleep, too much coffee forgive me!)

although in saying that I had a really awesome note from my fiancee and lunch made for me to day so that was nice

and yes we are doin steak an bj day

I've been short changed, where the fuck is my steak!?

Took a two hour lunch and surprised KT-Pie with the usual's (flowers, card & chockies) But as an added bonus I threw in...

"THE PINK SUPERBAT OF LOVE"

This I got from the $2 shop, simply a large pink blow-up 'superbat'. With a bit of quick vivid work however, it became "THE PINK SUPERBAT OF LOVE!"

Was a fucken laugh and a half blowing it up in the middle of BNZ Devoport with all her customers watching an shit.

yea valentines day is consumerist but in my case its also me and my girl's anniversary (i know...extremely cheesey) but works out well because I kill two birds with one stone Im against big flowers etc but going out for dinner or doing nice shit is a winner in the end.

in my case its also me and my girl's anniversary (i know...extremely cheesey) but works out well because I kill two birds with one stone

That's gold. Would fully minimise the chances of forgetting your anniversary date - although i'm sure it's still possible

sounds like a whole lotta "i wish i had a mrs" talk lads,is it the left hand or the right hand tonight for you guys..????

my girl only just finished work and is on her way over right now....im gonna hit her with the valentines day pressie/flowers combo and next weeks birthday present for the double up.....booooyahhhh.....steak and bj for me.....no doubt.

sounds like a whole lotta "i wish i had a mrs" talk lads

agreed

personally, i'm rather ambivalent to st v's day.....i don't have a girlfriend and i'm not too fussed about it!

to those who do have a valentine: enjoy the rooties

Edited by Guest

Generally as a rule you don't get an extra long/good or any 'rooties' if you don't front up with flowers, bonus points (ie 1 steak, buffet blow jobs) are scored for flowers picked/stolen straight from a garden.

That would be assuming your mrs' is a materialistic whore right?

I like valentines day, just cause it can be fun, but it annoys me that its gotten so much about presents and not about being in love or having a crush. I told Andy that I didn't really do Valentines Day, and he almost fell off his chair, but we still fell for it and ended up doing dinner and he paid for me to get my nails done and a pedicure

And I gave all my customers hershey's kisses with their coffees.