Grooverider gets 4 years

skono

http://archive.gulfnews.com/nation/Police_and_The_Courts/10190903.html

Dubai: A well-known British DJ has been jailed for four years for illegally bringing in and possessing marijuana.

The 40-year-old disc jockey was sentenced by the Dubai Court of First Instance and would be deported after serving his sentence.

The DJ, who had traveled to Dubai to play a set, had previously told the court he did not know the drugs were in his possession and that he had no intention of bringing it to Dubai.

He was arrested at Dubai Airport on November 23, 2007, when a small transparent sack containing 2.16 grams of marijuana was found in his luggage.

grim news

gutted, I'm never going there.

I wonder if it will affect tourism as I hope it should, I doubt it.

Has this caused you not to want to go to Dubai?

Harsh sentence for sure... However, Dubai is trying to stand apart from the other Middle-Eastern countries. Kinda like Singapore back in it's day etc etc. If they let him by it's pretty weak tbh... Need to have a super strict and controlled "law"/"government" in place.

but 4 years... wtf!

Harsh sentence for sure... However, Dubai is trying to stand apart from the other Middle-Eastern countries. Kinda like Singapore back in it's day etc etc. If they let him by it's pretty weak tbh... Need to have a super strict and controlled "law"/"government" in place.

but 4 years... wtf!

I guess the comment needs to be put in context, in the bassdrop thread there are some other horror stories such as a guy who got 4 years for having .003 grams in the sole of his shoe, ie must have stepped on some.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=512815&in_page_id=1770&ito=1490

Anyway as I said on bassdrop, the world is a massive place with lots of exciting places for me to see, if I choose not to see one of them I'll do so for my own reasons and without justifying it to anyone else :seriousbusiness:

but 4 years... wtf!

I guess the comment needs to be put in context, in the bassdrop thread there are some other horror stories such as a guy who got 4 years for having .003 grams in the sole of his shoe, ie must have stepped on some.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=512815&in_page_id=1770&ito=1490

Anyway as I said on bassdrop, the world is a massive place with lots of exciting places for me to see, if I choose not to see one of them I'll do so for my own reasons and without justifying it to anyone else :seriousbusiness:

wasn't asking for a justification, it was a yes/no question

And... the second part of my statement wasn't really in any way reffering to what you said at all :notseriousbusiness:

well well, lotsa baggin on the country in every thread i have seen about this.

yes the penalty is really harsh, but really, going to a country any country with drugs on your person is a bit stupid.

and his line of "oh, i forgot about that"

when i did southeast asia i made sure i checked my luggage etc before i went through customs, i knew i didnt have anything on me at all, but i kept thinking .... what if?

i feel sorry for the guy, but i also think it was really rather stupid of him.

Yeah this is shitty news, combine this with the fact that you cant buy alchohol without a license there and it makes it seem a pretty unappealing destination.

my mates there atm, says bars etc are amazing looking, not too busy, beers = $20... fail!

agree with bugsy

Wonder if he get's decks and a puter in his cell?

If so - we're in for some tasty treats in 4 years time!

Mind you... After the first year you'd probably just start makin prisoncellgashtech with Muslim overtones..

hard core....

have you guys heard snoops album "murder was the case"? IMO thats the best shit he has done barr "gin and juice" and the ultimate choon "drop it like its hawt".

any who "murder was the case" was all recorded in jail.. and its fucking sick,,, maybe g-rider will bust out a jail album ,he could call it, "posession in my case"..if he does,, I will smash that shit cos no doubt it will b toight and a mofuckin t-giggur.. wut wut