Good movies you've seen lately..

Aphra

I'm looking for a couple of good movies to watch in the last week of my holiday, before I go back to school.

Anyone seen anything decent out in the last year, maybe earier?

Watched Disturbia last night but didn't manage to finish it before I started feeling tired. (it was also kinda freaking me out)

Eagle vs Shark was cool, watched that over the weekend. kinda similar to Napoleon Dynamite

So... Any suggestions..?

Thanks

I'm looking for a couple of good movies to watch in the last week of my holiday, before I go back to school.

Watched Disturbia last night but didn't manage to finish it before I started feeling tired. (it was also kinda freaking me out)

Eagle vs Shark was cool, watched that over the weekend. kinda similar to Napoleon Dynamite

So... Any suggestions..?

Thanks

I hired out Disturbia recently, and what do ya know, the fucking DVD was scratched about 1/4 of an hour before the end of the movie! ARGH!

I returned it, but it was pretty late at night, so I had to drop it in the little return-chute thing at the video store. I went back a couple of days later to complain about the scratching (hoping to get a free vid-rental out of it)... but the fucking video store had shut down for good! ARGH!

Still dont know how it ended... damnit!!!

Ummm, movie recommendations? Uhh.... shit... uuuuummm.... nope, I have none, sorry.

ones i have recently acquired *legally* via internet ... and my ratings

Resident Evil: Extinction --- 4/10

Juno -----7/10

Alien Vs Predator 2 -----5/10

Gone Baby Gone -----9/10

3:10 to Yuma -----8/10

30 Days of Night ----0/10

Sweeney Todd -----7/10

Saw 4 -----3/10

1408 -----7/10

Sicko -----8/10

The Darjeeling Limited ---- 7/10

American Gangster -----6/10

1. Oldboy

2. Re - animator ( H.P Lovecraft )

3. Suicide club/circle

4. Sympathy for mr Vengeance

5. Paprika ( amazing japanese one off anime film )

6. Princess Mononoke

7. Dead Mans shoes

8. Brick

9. The taste of tea ( good luck finding this great film! ) (cha no aji)

10. S.F.W ( So fucking what ) By stephen Dorff

Dune

mulholland drive

Utu

AI

Apocalypse Now Redux

Thank you for smoking

starship troopers

the day after

Natural Born Killers

Kundun

waking life

what dreams may come

saw 1

metrpolis

the falls

these are just the films I have watched in the last 7 days

but they be a good start

anyone seen Lost Highway? if u like mulholland drive (david lynch) go for this movie.

Lost Higway along with all other lynch created master pieces...

Dune (although he took his name off it)

Eraser Head

Elephant man

wild at heart

Blue Velvet

mullholland drive

Fire walk with me

the 1st series of twin peaks,

are must watches...

A good comedy I watched not long ago was 'The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou'.. Thought it was brilliant ay. good humour, good story, good sets, good moral.. Won me that's for sure. Bill Murray FTW. You'd like it Aphra me thinks...

didnt come out in the last year though but hey we're all mates

A good comedy I watched not long ago was 'The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou'.. Thought it was brilliant ay. good humour, good story, good sets, good moral.. Won me that's for sure. Bill Murray FTW. You'd like it Aphra me thinks...

didnt come out in the last year though but hey we're all mates

fkn great movie for American humor imho!

second time around was much better as I kinda worked out the different characters etc... i'm a bit slow with that shit sometimes hah

texas chainsaw massacre : the beginning <-- nobody lives cept the guy with the chainsaw! haha fk those cheeze horror films where the hero always lives...

Cool list though Ben...

We're into the second series of Twin Peaks now... interesting that you recommend just the first season

oh whoops my bad...

children of men

28 weeks later

and theres a new david lynch one that the name escapes me now but apprently its a film that will fuck with your soul/mind and when people where watching it in screen tests and general release they walked out in droves its just that bizzare and offensive,,,\

somthing about a gratuitous scene with people in pink bunny suits?

also highly recommend "Perfume". based on that famous book called "Perfume". set in midevil france, about a guy who literally seduces people with these perfumes he creates.

umm yeah its a lot better than it sounds. the final scenes are pretty nuts. i saw it in the new release shelves at video ezy last week.

also highly recommend "Perfume". based on that famous book called "Perfume". set in midevil france, about a guy who literally seduces people with these perfumes he creates.

umm yeah its a lot better than it sounds. the final scenes are pretty nuts. i saw it in the new release shelves at video ezy last week.

Yes I saw this in the shelves too. Have heard good things about the book and was keen to maybe have a read first but prob won't get around it tbh.

Cool, I've got a nice little list here in my notebook

Cheers guys

And yes, the new David Lynch! Inland Empire... was going to see this at the film festival but it clashed with another movie I was keen on seeing. Am going to check it at some point