you dont say....

Teret

From Sideswipe

On the weekend Drum and Bass fan Hannah Corbett from Mt Eden went into Fu Bar in the city. "We planned our night around getting to the bar before midnight as the gig was advertised on the internet as being $5 before midnight," she explains. "But to our dismay, when we arrived at 11.30 the tickets were $10. A lot of other people were also complaining. It is not the first time this bar has done this as well, as I have been there many times when they change the price (one night from $10 advertised up to $20). I asked to speak to the manager, and he said they were allowed to change an advertised price! Is this right?"

I lol'd

Hold tight for Gareths response! This was all over Biggie yesterday..

She had it completely twisted - Roll was never advertised as being $5 before midnight at all, in fact it clearly stated "$10 doorsales from 10pm" on the flyer!!!

I do remember being at this party I went to on Sat and thinking "Oh if I wanna go to fu I should get there soon so I can get in for $5" but that could've just been me guessing...?

Which Hannah is it? It's not your mate Hannah is it Tom?

biggie FTL

i went there yesterday to check out this story, and i don't see myself returning any time soon.....

maybe it was the "Has electro killed house music?" thread, or the depressingly long "Who's the worst DJ you've seen recently?" thread

:drunk:

ultra-fail IMO

OMG someone* complaining about something to do with dnb.

Because it was a herald thing, does that make it any different from us doing it on forums ALL THE FUCKEN TIME?

No, but I do love a good witch hunt.

*jumps on bandwagon*

OUST THE BITCH AND MAKE HER PAY!

*obviously a n00b.

OMG someone* complaining about something to do with dnb.

Because it was a herald thing, does that make it any different from us doing it on forums ALL THE FUCKEN TIME?

No, but I do love a good witch hunt.

*jumps on bandwagon*

OUST THE BITCH AND MAKE HER PAY!

*obviously a n00b.

Well the difference is Thomas somehow thinks she is shaming our community by taking the fighting outside of our secret web world.

(I'm more interested in my whore-hunt in the other thread I stole from bassdrop to be completely honest)

Actually Hackshaw.

Reason for posting:

Relevant to 90% of forum users.

Reason it interested me.

It was GIANT FIAL on her part.

Reason it enraged me:

Gave a bad rep to the Mt. Eden name. big no no in my books

as you were.

No, Biggie didn't fuck up the price..

As I said it said $10 door-sales on the flyer, it was nobody's fault but the girl herself..

ROLL TV 2ND BIRTHDAY

Interlinks:

ROLL TV 2ND BIRTHDAY

when: Saturday 8th March

description: Roll TV turns 2! And to celebrate this momentous occasion, we’re slammin it down again at the lush FU Bar. We’ve got a monster lineup, so come celebrate the night with us in true Roll Style!....

djs: THE ROLL CREW, CERN, EMMA G, FUTURE ONE, BUGSY, GULL, CONSEQUENCE and ABSOLUTE VALUE

cover:

$5 before midnight and $10 after

time: 10pm to 6am

They fucked it up.

This raises an interesting issue, surely under the law biggie should be the one to refund her as it was their false advertising that led to this?

We had a similar situation at Bath Street when a local entertainment guide listed one of our gigs as 5 when we had told them 10 and our flyers all said 10. We had people demanding to be let in for 5 all night citing the law but how was that our fault?

Ha... no shit?! Was that from their event guide? I'm gonna hit them up about this

Under the law it's a tricky one.. I'm sure Biggie would have a "we take no responsibility/we can change pricing" clause in their T&C's which is pretty standard. And Fu don't have to pay up shit cos their advertising stated the correct price of $10.

if you wre actually there, Hannah passed one comment about it not being a $5 door charge and was happy to front up for ten. The girl in the booth took it as a personal stab after a comment was made and when Hannah's bf droped his cashflow card over the counter (an accident, not thrown it at her) she threw a mental and kicked them out.

She wouldn't have written in to sideswipe if the girl in the booth didnt make matters worse and i doubt she'll come back to Fu nytime soon if others are going to be negative about this.

It was a simple mistake that got blown out of proportion.

(she also saw the $5 before midnight on the Fu website as well as biggie.)

Edited by Guest