Smashing Pumpkins...

chodi

pffft haters!

we missed QOTSA which kinda sucked, but the Pumpkins were amazing... sucked it wasn't the complete original band but being able to crank it out to some of the coolest teenage anthems ever was an absolute bonus, and being right up the front was even better..

There were some mad as jams with Billy and the drummer.. I think the drummer was definately the highlight of the whole nite.. or Billy Corgan telling some guy in the audience to shut the fuck up hahahahaha

I thought Pumpkins walked over Queens' set.. Although it was when the pumpkins came on my pupils grew so... hard to say

Queens didnt really play any songs I wanted to hear.. And not enough clairty in the sound ay, was a bit too muffled.. for both bands

Billy Corgan was fuckin mean, so was Chamberlain on the drums.. enjoyed it

Yeah was an incredible show.. went up to the wellington gig, Queens of the Stone Age were incredible but the sound was seriously tinny, Smashing Pumpkins came on and they fixed it right up (as much as you could at vector) . ... havent played a set with as much old material since reforming i think..

yea QOTSA were GOOD but in my opinion and the those who i was with, they just didnt come close to pumpkins. queens only played for about 45mins, and they just didnt seem to flow from each song as well as pumpkins.

corgan is a bit of a cock but i guess thats the ego u get from so many years of being told you're the shit. still pretty funny tho... "somebody in the audience just told me to play the fuckin song.... you know what? FUCK you. i'm forty fuckin 1 years old i think ive earned the right to play whenever the fuck i want" ...classic

by the way that tracklist is for wellington, unless im mistaken they didnt play a few of those tracks in auckland including ava avadore, cherub rock...

corgan is a bit of a cock but i guess thats the ego u get from so many years of being told you're the shit. still pretty funny tho... "somebody in the audience just told me to play the fuckin song.... you know what? FUCK you. i'm forty fuckin 1 years old i think ive earned the right to play whenever the fuck i want" ...classic

quote]

I have a video of that hahahahaha it's classic! gonna upload it tonite

some of the coolest teenage anthems ever

dont get me wrong, i loved the pumpkins when i was 15-16 in the early 90s but when i hear those songs now they just dont do it for me like they did back then,i guess i still like a few of those songs but i dont hear the magic that i heard as a youth when i listen to them now,unlike the other bands i was hyped on as a kid that still deliver to this day(stone roses,pixies,suicidals,blackflag,the descendents etc)....plus i cant stand people who arent naturally weird that try to be weird.billy corgan

glad you guys enjoyed it though....

dont get me wrong, i loved the pumpkins when i was 15-16 in the early 90s but when i hear those songs now they just dont do it for me like they did back then,

yea but dude... LIVE is a different story, trust me, you would've enjoyed it. Its not like i sit at home thrashing the shit out of Gish anymore, but hearing that on a massive system in front of thousands of people brings with it a flooding sense of nostalgia.. each to their own but zeb i KNOW u wouldv liked this gig.

hmmmm....maybe.

as a young grommet skater back in the day it used to be so awesome to see pro skaters come to new zealand and shred which still to this day is not that often.

my favourite pro skater ever is guy mariano (tom penny coming in a fuckin close 2nd) and to see him skate in front of me at aotea square.our local spot that we skated every day,blew my mind even if he was stoned off his head and just pissing around on flatground,and i was in my 20s then(not an impressionable lil kid)i was too scared to talk to him that day cos it would've killed my boyhood impression of him if he was a dick.my friends talked to him and smoked a j with him and apparantly he was a really nice guy,that was enough for me.i didnt need to talk to him.shortly after that tour he dissapeared completely into obscurity,rumours were spread worldwide and noone ever really knew the story.i was stoked to he did that,it made him even more special and legendary.

tom penny did the same thing a couple years later after shutting down every spot in southern california and eventually moved to the south of france to live with his mum and buy her a house and build a vert ramp.....very admirable to shun the entire industry,refusing to do interviews or stay in america to make money and "live the dream".

both are currently making comebacks and are doing cool innovative stylish tricks but their style has changed and they look different on their boards....

this is almost comparable to my view on the pumpkins.(skating being waaayyyy cooler than smashing pumpkins)(i saw them at big day out #1)....id rather just have that memory of when they were the dopest mofo's out there and not old men trying to relive their glory days....

i still havent seen tom penny skate in real life though so i would surely take the opportunity to witness the steez today.....

sorry about the essay...just had to get that out.

some of the coolest teenage anthems ever

dont get me wrong, i loved the pumpkins when i was 15-16 in the early 90s but when i hear those songs now they just dont do it for me like they did back then,i guess i still like a few of those songs but i dont hear the magic that i heard as a youth when i listen to them now,unlike the other bands i was hyped on as a kid that still deliver to this day(stone roses,pixies,suicidals,blackflag,the descendents etc)....plus i cant stand people who arent naturally weird that try to be weird.billy corgan

glad you guys enjoyed it though....

I didn't even like them in the early 90's... I've never understood why people are so obsessed with their whiny-ass music, it's like an american version of brit-pop.... eww.