FU & Zen - What's the verdict?

Banga

yeah, the darkness and kinda out of the way dance floor to bar area of the old room was good... you could get all fucked up and get your krump on with relative annonymity. i miss that for sure. i dont feel like i've really had a good dance at new fu as the dance floor seems a bit too "on show". and yes,it is a lot nicer bar,loving the couches, and behind the decks booth area. but it doesn't feel like a "drum and bass club". more like you've gone to a gig being held in a fancy bar down near the viaduct...(though not too near thank fuck).

as for the "clientele", yeah, its definately changed, although that could just be that drum and bass is appealing to a massive audience these days, and the new crew are a lot younger/metro'er/groups of ladies out on girls nights etc,etc...

on a side note, it's kinda cool though, that kids who are watching music tv can see videos from dnb groups and be all"yeah-this is the shit i'm into right here"...

so, i think we'll start to see a whole shift in not only the amount of soldiers coming up the ranks, but also alot more really young cats/kittens at gigs in the future...

let the next era of tech/sci-fi spaceship soundtracks begin.

Thats pretty much it - The club is aimed at attracting the new breed, while keeping the original music policy that keeps the heads coming back.

I usually just find the far wall and get my groove on there.

The next generation are coming up quick - soon enough they will have their own group of DJ's/MC's/producers etc etc that are ready to take it over.

i say let the bygones be bygones and let the goodtimes roll on.....

the future is waiting for us and the past is simply just that......the past.

i cant say a bad thing about the new fu/zen....

i do agree about the lighting though....could be a bit darker in there....