Lost Parcel thru Chemical

zzzp

Anyone had a parcel lost via chemical, or not arrive... How good are they in resolving this. Been a month since payment, have emailed them today also, but hoping they are reasonable it solving the problem

Cheesr

My money is on you having to do a parcel post entry cause its over $400 nzd.

If that's the case you'll just have to go into customs and they will do it for you (only do that the first time), only costs you the GST + $30 from memory (the entry fee is going up a ton soon)

Ask chemical how they sent it, if it went via post see if you can get a tracking number or something, if they sent it via a DHL/Fedex etc youll be able to find it easier, but youll have to go through them for the clearance... should be free but they will go by the book etc

Edited by Guest

Hmm, so after a few phone calls, DX mail suggest that it most probly has been sent back to England, and can take anywhere from 2 weeks , to 12 weeks.

Fukin brilliant, and because Chemicunt dont use T&T on their parcels, for what ever reason, im abit stuck here.

Cunts.

My money is on you having to do a parcel post entry cause its over $400 nzd.

If that's the case you'll just have to go into customs and they will do it for you (only do that the first time), only costs you the GST + $30 from memory (the entry fee is going up a ton soon)

Explain further, so how do they check for the package etc without t&t .. And where is the place id need to go.

yo,

time for Sean's 2c here..

I was doing a bit of a test you see, I put an order through at Chemical and one through at HTFR on the same day, to see which would turn up first, the order from HTFR (which was only 4 plates) turned up last Tuesday (16 days after it was placed) so I figured I should have had my Chemical tunes on the Wednesday/Thursday (I wanted to play them at a party Saturday) but still nothing from Chemical (a week later), my previous order from HTFR turned up in 4 business days (ordered them on a Thursday, they arrived the following Tuesday). I emailed both Chemical and HTFR last Monday just asking what I could do if they didn't arrive - I heard back from HTFR the next day saying they have to be missing for 42 BUSINESS DAYS before they will lodge a claim under insurance and reship them (if they have any stock left, being HTFR) and I still havent heard back from chemical - it took them 5 weeks to get back to me about the chembot query I sent them.

I had confirmation of shipping being sent from both HTFR & Chemical on the 2nd of April so as far as they know they have been sent/received/docked from my credit card.

I hear that there are often issues in when sending shit on a boat, but this was all air mail (and I'd assume that the order from HTFR & Chemical was on the same plan because they were ordered and shipped on the same date). I can only assume they are still sitting in customs (what the fuck they actually do with them is beyond me?) or they are sitting in the back of some fuckwit's van but without a track and trace I can't confirm this..

only difference was that I ordered 4 plates from HTFR and I think 6 from Chemical..

it sucks because I ordered some that even the stockists here (beat merchants, etc) didnt even have stock of, but now they do, and they had nearly sold out on some when I checked at beat merchants on Thursday last week...

it really does suck though, but I think the problem here doesnt actually lie with the supplier, but with Customs our end..

disagree - customs at this end will let it in if its under $400NZD (incl freight) and you don't have to pay a cent of GST. (unless they query the value etc). If its over then you have to go through the GST route.

Its the carrier actually getting it here thats the problem.

Customs can't just send it home, they have to get in contact with you, and your postal address is on there so they can just post a letter to you.

Aite, so ive called customs, they cant, or cant be fuked, to do shit... So mike, do I actually need to go in, and get these muppets to search for this parcel, and where abouts is the place.. Cheers

true - then in that case it probably never made it here.

$500 worth of tunes, don't think they would be sending it using traditional post. Sounds like a courier job IMO. Chemical are just trying to be stingy on freight and make a quick buck.

33 records we are looking at a good 5-10 kg at least. Definite courier job, T&t, dhl, fedex etc etc. Any of them would do. What do their terms and conditions say bout delivery?

Individually trackable shipments ftw!

6.1 Any dates quoted for delivery of the Goods are approximate only and the Seller shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods however caused PROVIDED THAT the Buyer shall be entitled to cancel any order which is not delivered within 30 days. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence of the Contract unless previously agreed by the Seller in Writing.

May be worth asking for a refund, but fek, there were some serious gems in there

Christ almighty what are you doing spending 500 bucks in one order??

Heard of the phrase "putting all your eggs in one basket" ?

You should have spent some of that at Beat Merchants and/or Groovy imo.

Only one time i had to wait over a month for an order off chemical, and i placed another one during that month which arrived first, lol. The other ones arrived after a month no problems. The risk you take with overseas orders innit.

I literally spent hours and hours going back thru old mixes posted on the net, picking out fat tunes, so it was well worth it. Not keen on spending 23-25$ a plate, when they work out less than 15$ bux from over there including shipping, but yeh , when you get in this situation it does suck the ducks nuts.

• 1 month later...