CD's not recognised by cdj's

zzzp

Last sat on ze radio was playin cd's, and they were all just burnt, however out of the 10 cd's, only 3 were able to be read..

Why is this.. THe cd's are good sony cd's, is the it burner or the program im using, and yes these mp3s are legit .

Shoto.

yeah word..and try not be using your computer or doing anything to straining on whilst burning...nero is the one i reckon.

99% of CD Drives have buffer protection thesedays, so buffer under-runs are normally a thing of the past. Obviously burning at a lower speed is normally recommended as you get a better burn, and you don't want to be reading much data off your IDE channel (assuming its a lame old IDE optical drive) if you have a hard drive on the same cable. Although Nero (Bloatware FTL, get Nero Lite) has that check data option anyway...

Some of the guys at uni start to get corruption of Linux live CD's after a few months when they are burned at a high speed; I've never actually seen it myself and could just be hearsay but the point remains. The faster you go the bigger the mess.

Also re CDJ's I was under the impression that they only worked with 320kb/s MP3's. Check the bitrate of the files you chucked on CD, VBR or less frequently sampled files may be the issue.

Also re CDJ's I was under the impression that they only worked with 320kb/s MP3's. Check the bitrate of the files you chucked on CD, VBR or less frequently sampled files may be the issue.

Not sure about the MP3's dawg but he's burning CDDA's not MP3's... the bitrate is irrelevant (1,411kbps uncompressed for a standard CD vs 320kbps for best quality compressed mp3)