are you?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. are you?

• yes
    • no
    • id suck
    • im not a DJ

everytime i see DJ's around i always bring up Rumble In The Jungle

and we gets to talking about whats gona do it this year to pull off gaining entry and winning overall

we may as well start the hype here before anywhere else!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no idea

but lets get the hype going

im definately gona use ideas from previous mixes ive done for my mix

if not re do a previous mix and send it in

i really think having your entry mix spread across the sub genres is a good thing

you have to put together a mix thats roughly an hour long

you will probably have to show flare and talent for executing a mix in key, timed right and soundz good on teh dance floor

if i got a mix that was an hour long and out of key in every mix i probably wouldnt pick it as an entry

and if last years comp is anything to go by

only 14 entires will be selected

with maybe the top 2 or 3 from the Regional going into the National finals in Wellington

luckily my DJing is better than my pool and drinking tolerance

ahhk cool! might try slap together a mix and see how dey like it!!

Doesnt have to be a jungle set does it?

jungle is just a word

all stylez of DNB are accepted

we really need future one on here to give us his account of going to welly last year

the amount of plebs that continue to drop the nine at RITJ...

tbh guys [i'm prolly gonna get some flak for this], but I'm yet to be blown away by any AK dj skills. Heard some moments of epic sit the fuck downess, but no one really is a performance 'DJ.'

I like beat matching and blending tunes, and not interested in entering ritj cause I'd get smoked by the people who dj every day and like the performance/tricks type of stuff (Flex - last years winner).

If anyones considering it, I reckon keeping your first set which is 15mins or less - constantly changing. Oscar who won two years ago came out as a reasonably unknown dj and smahed everyone to bits with his raw energy behind what he was doing, and mad tune selection.

Hope A-Tech makes RITJ even bigger this year with qualifying rounds for every city.

oh and, no rewinds guys

Lets just hope they have some decent tables this year ,i no everyone has to use the same decks but it sure will play with peoples style who especialy like there flear and triks heard they were pritty slippery last year.And of course being one of the judges this year i plan to be harsh on all rewinds, and especialy anyone who drops the nine.

If anyone is entering RITJ,and feels like a bribe is in order i would deffinatly appreciate 4 free tikets to Noisia for my peeps and also free drinks all night Dont be shy we are a thirsty lot cheers.SHHHHHHHH i wont tell, i can only offer second place at this stage. Still tho better than third and well worth it.

See you at the finals. wink, wink

Because everyone drops the nine in there mix it goes so well with most tunes and its a big roller .Deffinatly a stand for all time tune, do you no how old that is.Classic fukin tune.There is no haters bro its just same old.

given last years comp and there being only 14 in the competition

which 14 auckland DJ's do you think will make the cut

theres so many of us out there

shit i wonder if i can name 14 dnb dj's

logistics uprock i can also see getting the heavy rinsing.

As mentioned earlier, it depends on if your into tricks and stuff, or into a flowing set.

Ability to beat juggle and scratch would be a plus as well =)