• no
    • id suck
    • im not a DJ

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

big tunes are likely to be stuff like the TC remix of Warhead, State of Mind - Sun King, anything Pendulum, anything Noisia, anything Subfocus.. well thats my guess anyway
so what you're saying is

Blame is super safe

Sounds like every one playing the same set,gues it will be about who drops the biggest set with the same tunes how boring,its not like we've heard it all before.Would'nt mind seeing someone droping a tunes that actualy comes from vast knowledge not just wats current.im sure everyones got some smashing classics itching to get plaid. I would be out to surprise the judges personaly.

last night i bet ricoh a kiwi country meal that there is going to be three turntables at RITJ

i then continued in my JGA'd state and bet both him and Fraser S $50 each that i would take out the Auckland Regional

but they have failed to understand that they may not be looking for one winner overall and may just be going for the top 2 or 3 to go down to welly for the supreme final

there you go ricoh its written up now

• 2 weeks later...
last night i bet ricoh a kiwi country meal that there is going to be three turntables at RITJ

i then continued in my JGA'd state and bet both him and Fraser S $50 each that i would take out the Auckland Regional

but they have failed to understand that they may not be looking for one winner overall and may just be going for the top 2 or 3 to go down to welly for the supreme final

there you go ricoh its written up now

can I get in on that bet jga? not trying to voice a vote for lack of confidence or anything, but $50 would be cool

the rumble begins in august. good to see someone playing there own tunes.That would be a welcome change.Dj/producer is the new 2006
i dont think that would work that well

toons really ahve to move a crowd and the toons that will do it are the ones that the crowd know and can get into

playing your own toons would be good, but unless they are of equal standing against tracks such as hold your colour (bi polar remix) or nervous i dont think they will come off that well

can I get in on that bet jga? not trying to voice a vote for lack of confidence or anything, but $50 would be cool
tell you what, if i lose ill give you a kiwi country meal if i win you can give me a renkon meal

tell you what, if i lose ill give you a kiwi country meal if i win you can give me a renkon meal

well, $50 sounds better to me. Do you lack faith in your abilities or something?

.. but unless they are of equal standing against tracks such as hold your colour (bi polar remix) or nervous i dont think they will come off that well

has anyone ever told you your favourite band sucks? DEATH JAZZ

the rumble begins in august. good to see someone playing there own tunes.That would be a welcome change.Dj/producer is the new 2006
i dont think that would work that well

toons really ahve to move a crowd and the toons that will do it are the ones that the crowd know and can get into

playing your own toons would be good, but unless they are of equal standing against tracks such as hold your colour (bi polar remix) or nervous i dont think they will come off that well

Still tho have heard some rippers of late not everyones going to of heard all the traks played i guess its the sound which also gets the punters moving i know it works for me.I liked to be surprised.

im pretty sure if i herd a dude absolutely rinsing tunes i'd never herd the goose bumps would take over and i'd be jumping all round the place like a hedless chicken

I can so relate to that bro

ditto on that. Just gimme fresh beats and im there

Hello guys,

Guess I better make my presence here as JGA has been a small pink baby and been a bit premature at getting the hype hyped.

But its all good.

Official Info will be out on http://www.rumblejungle.co.nz from June 1st.

However, to stop a few of you guessing for now:

Look to get your entries into the judges by about mid July.

Regionals will be in Three Cities (AKL, WGTN, CHCH) comprising of about 10-12 DJs (depending on the amount and quality of entries, this is up for debate by the judges/promoters putting on the party). Expect these events around last august.

The Final will be held in Wellington late september/early october (well before exams hopefully). This will comprise of the top 3 DJS from the regionals only. Having just 9 Djs in the final will allow longer sets, making it less of a lottery.

DJs getting into the final, will not have to pay to travel to wellington at all this year.

Yes, the decks will be fully re-calibrated and tested before the event.

Prizes are not able to be announced, but they are as good as last years, and then some.

Judges are yet to be confirmed, but whoever D1 is, isnt one of them. With the amount of perceived bias in this scene, I can only do my best at putting forward who I believe are the most impartial.

Anyway, all I can say as this years event, with the prizes and the three regionals, is a lot larger than last years, so Im taking my time at getting everything sussed before all the info is released.

Stay tuned to either www.bassdrop.co.nz or www.rumblejungle.co.nz