pet hates??

Tim

Playing 21st's and similar parties is difficult... If your known as a DJ that plays x genre and your asked to play well people will probably have to put up with x genre for a while.... Although bringing something else is always good to mix it up

If you dont have a specialty then you should be expected to have a laptop with songs for every occasion.

Knowing (the crowd/occasion) is half the battle

agreed - tho this guy was an exception considering how completely crap he was at mixing.. but worse was the shit he was playing like seriously it was a fucking 21st! u dont come to a 21st with 80s music and disco and t-pain. thats the shit u bring to an oldies re-union or some persons 50th or some shit.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

munters who walk into me everywhere I lurk be it on the dfloor in pedestrian traffic or whatever.

the old homeless guy on krd who ALWAYS asks me for money even though I have said no everytime he asks for nearly 8 years.

18 year old kids who claim gen x culture and try and say to me they remember ollie olsen/The A team

people who cant see anything outside their chosen genre of music,

people who are absolute about things they have no understanding of.

any conservative misguided ideal that is spoon fed from the media

people who dont say please or thank you

people whos every second word is an expletive

people who never talk to you until you run a internatty and then they will get down and lick your arse to get in for free, and then never talk to you until the next one

people that will knife you in your back the first chance they get but when confronted drop balls and insist although you have masses of evidence that they never and wouldnt say shit like that

people who insist on fucking you over every chance they get and have no sympathy for the pain they create

people that state emphatically they live their life one way but constantly live against their code and refuse to take ownership for their follies but expect you to deal with the acres of shit.

selling your soul in anyway shape or form (although somtimes itsan inescapable evil)

getting paid to play at hardhouse gigs and seeing all the wazzer ravers

hardhouse ravers.

punk kids who even though they are 16 belive that tyhey are on the vanguard of a musical revolution (wake the fuck up dr jonny rotten It aint 1977 anymore!)

dealing with cracked up promoters who think they are UBER OONST

the bus driver who sporadically drives the 211 who has a case of touretts or is mildly posessed who speaks in this weird satanic language continuously

not being able to go to my fav dnb producers cos I am broke and have school tomorrow

a script writing tutor who has no understanding of nz culture

people who never talk to you until you run a internatty and then they will get down and lick your arse to get in for free, and then never talk to you until the next one

hahaha, oh fuck havent laughed so hard in years....

what made u laugh about that one?

cos its true? or?

hahaha, oh fuck havent laughed so hard in years....

what made u laugh about that one?

cos its true? or?

i laugh for a few reasons my friend,

one is that its true,

two is that i can identify with feeling that way.

people who drive in bus-lanes to jump queues.

people who dont know the give way rules so you end up giving way to them for ages and then theres this awkward pause where neither car knows if the other is going.

DJ's that mark which side of a 12" is "good" (im talking full releases here)

DJ's that dont know if they have a tune or not.

DJ's that learnt on CD-Js so they cant use turntables.

DJ's that place the previous DJ's vinyl into the wrong sleeves or not in a sleeve at all.

BIGGEST PET HATE AT THE MOMENT :

night-pay at petrol stations. let me the fuck in, im hungry and i want to BROWSE!

DJ's that place the previous DJ's vinyl into the wrong sleeves or not in a sleeve at all.

night-pay at petrol stations. let me the fuck in, im hungry and i want to BROWSE!

the wrong sleeves one is infuriating!!

And fuck yea, i need to see what pies you have to make the best decision, and choose the best looking one. plus i can see you not using tongs to my pie in its bag!

the wrong sleeves one is infuriating!!

And fuck yea, i need to see what pies you have to make the best decision, and choose the best looking one. plus i can see you not using tongs to my pie in its bag!

Also people looking through your crate and changeing your order.. Frustrating rushing for the next plate and it aint there!

especially when the person who is working the shift is taking a nap and u have to bang on the window to wake him up..

but even worse is when u ask for something and they dont understand what it is cos they dont understand english and u end up having to go in anyway after bout minutes of unsuccessfully pointing at what u want.

people who push with their front foot on a skateboard..=mongo foot

muddy griptape

the dried up sauce around the lid on a tomato sauce bottle

the cats that dont live here that just blatantly walk in to our house(except the cute little basil brush kitten)

5. Djing a party like a 21st and constantly having their relatives or their random friends demand Rhianna or Beyonce!! FFS the host asked me to play knowing the style i play... FUCK OFF

ooohh...ive played a few of these....

i try my hardest not to be rude to these people but i feel what your saying...

i do try to take as many remixes/bootlegs of popular songs as i can or have to these sorts of parties so if someone does request something i can give them a taste of of their preference but with a dnb flavour....it might just change their tune on dnb...