Petrol Pricse

zzzp

Man, this isn't a dig at anyone on here and shouldn't be viewed as such...its a general vent on this issue.

I've been keeping quiet on this one (cause i'm quite passionate about it all)...until now...and what p*sses me off is now that fuel prices are out of control and really expensive, its only until now that airline companies are thinking about stripping weight from their jets in order to save fuel and people are considering not taking the car anywhere. Man, it shouldn't come down to the fact that it hurts the dollars to consider these things. These types of things should already be considered from an environmental perspective.

But the majority of people don't seem to really give a sh*te about the environment. Which annoys me a lot. I cycle to work everyday, cause its nice, fun and most importantly saves me putting loads of sh*tty chemicals in the air.

I could drive everyday if i wanted to...so i think rising fuel prices is good and its gonna sort the men from the boys. Bring it.

Realistically, 15% of the things I do, are within walking/riding distance without making a fat effort taking a long time to mish there n back, and I think this goes for the rest of the population.. If we were all armish and lived in a little village this would apply, but living in a city such as this, its just not possible... unless of course your work, mates, hobbies etc are all rapped up in one area, which rarely happens .. The only way auckland can beat this one man driving his car to work and back shit , is to improve on public transport, which will be impossible due to the way auckland is built. And yes, I walk to work n back daily, seeing as its just 2 mins away, as with fu.

Man, this isn't a dig at anyone on here and shouldn't be viewed as such...its a general vent on this issue.

I've been keeping quiet on this one (cause i'm quite passionate about it all)...until now...and what p*sses me off is now that fuel prices are out of control and really expensive, its only until now that airline companies are thinking about stripping weight from their jets in order to save fuel and people are considering not taking the car anywhere. Man, it shouldn't come down to the fact that it hurts the dollars to consider these things. These types of things should already be considered from an environmental perspective.

But the majority of people don't seem to really give a sh*te about the environment. Which annoys me a lot. I cycle to work everyday, cause its nice, fun and most importantly saves me putting loads of sh*tty chemicals in the air.

I could drive everyday if i wanted to...so i think rising fuel prices is good and its gonna sort the men from the boys. Bring it.

Yea, cause I could really cycle to work (in Manukau) from home (in Hillsborough)... it would only take about 3 hours, unless I ride my fucking bike down the motorway (highly illegal). Oh, hang on, maybe I should catch public transport.... oh.. there's no trains that go anywhere near where I live? bugger I'll have to catch a bus.... oh wait, there's no buses that go between my place and work, although I could spend about 3 hours catching all sorts of connecting buses to get there... cool, this means I just need to start leaving for work at 5am instead of my usual 7:45am, and be prepared to not get home till after 8pm...

And dont get me started with that "work closer to home" bullshit, it's hard enough finding a job in this day and age, and I'm sure as fuck not going to live in Manukau.

Not everyone fits into your neat little "Greenie" box mate. And not all of us who drive to work "dont give a shit about the environment" we just have to work to live.

/rant

Sorry, not a personal dig, just a rant at this particular attitude that you get from greenies

Edited by Guest

$20 gets me a bit less than 1/4 of a tank = 75km of city driving (get loads more on the m-way)

$20 gets me about 1/6th of a tank. And the 2.0L 80's panzer engine doesn't know what the word "economy" means.

My first car was a 1980 BMW 323 M series flat six that thing ate gas faster than fat people eat pies

But yeah now my trusty 1.8 Toyota carona does the business its fairly efficient.

Also a lot of people forget that keeping a car properly tuned and serviced is integral to good fuel efficiency. One of my mates once complained that his car was eating way more gas than it used to. So i asked him when he last got it serviced it turned out he hadn't serviced it in 2 years needless to say the thing died about 6 months later

@ Weazel.. come on man, he clearly said

No need to prance around with a dildo up your ass, attacking everything that floats by.

:lol: @ Weazel.. come on man, he clearly said

No need to prance around with a dildo up your ass, attacking everything that floats by.

And I clearly said:

Sorry, not a personal dig, just a rant at this particular attitude that you get from greenies

No need to prance around with a dildo up your ass, promoting your badly-thought-out double-standards.

:lol: @ Weazel.. come on man, he clearly said

And I clearly said:

No need to prance around with a dildo up your ass, promoting your badly-thought-out double-standards.

Your smart arse & arragant posts do get tiring though. /personal dig

gotfirst ever car the other day

20bucks get me a third of a tank which is pretty allgood and lasted about 120-130ks which is sweet. still anti fuel price, i would use pulic transport but work starts at 530 so it not happening, oh well mayaswell live up the first car buzzz

Just to clarify guys, my point is that the general population should just do whatever they can and that includes things like recycling. Of course not everyone lives so close to work and with public transport in this country lacking serious investment, its clear that driving to work is the most realistic option for some people.

I don't have an issue with that at all.

My beef is with people who could cycle or walk to work but don't. My landlady for a start...lives in my house, yet i go to work on my bike, she goes to work in her car, yet we both work in the same office...then she'll moan about fuel prices...that sh*te I have a problem with.

A Green and proud of it man.

just get over your skid machines and pretend race cars if you cant afford to run them....simple as that.

imagine how many more records you could buy or how much better food you could eat....

p.s.....i know food is just as ridiculous in price these days but money spent on food is better than money wasted on petrol imo...

my towel rack is turned off too...

• 3 weeks later...
just get over your skid machines and pretend race cars if you cant afford to run them....simple as that.

imagine how many more records you could buy or how much better food you could eat....

Its a weekly struggle for me as to what to spend my money on... More vynal or that thing in the drive that seems to kill tires just as fast as it uses gas but Ive gotten past the point of really giving a shit about the price of fuel I full up my Silvia or my 4wd and just drive the things I get as much out of going for a late night blat as I get out of anything else so Ill keep paying for gas no matter how high it goes Ill keep going for pointless drives