pc tv tuner

Merge

i dont know anything about tv tuners in computers, i have an aerial running to my room which is split from upstairs. Its setup so that i can view whatever sky channel is being viewed upstairs (i.e. i dont have a second decoder)... i can also pick up the usual channels...

anyway can someone please explain what I need to have tv on my computer - and any suggestions of stores where i can get what i need?

cheers for any help

you've got it right, you need a TV tuner card - can get from dick smith or somewhere like that (maybe cheaper on TradeMe). What I would do personally, is use the Coax coming in to your room for Channels 1, 2, 3, C4, etc, but I'd split the output from the decoder using RCAs or something, maybe you already are doing this using the Coax (like a Video out from the decoder upstairs).

If the cable that is split JUST comes from the Aerial on the roof (not from the upstairs sky decoder) you will need some Decoder software on your computer to be able to watch the encoded Sky channels.

Should work pretty mint if you have a TV tuner card that has box Coax/UHF & RCA Input (RCA will require at least 3 cables, 2 for Audio & 1 for composite Video).