24 Hour boozing. lol.

Subverse

could be sick as fuck, but.....

headliners on at 11pm?????

the swilling down of booze at 2.50am last drinks?

everyone drunk on the street at 3am????

kinda backwards innit.?

Fuck the Po po! dont let em do it banksie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Odds on this happening?

Yeah nah, doesn't look like it...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=87&objectid=10520969

You gotta love this article by Brian Rudman though - John Banks sure has always looked like a bit of a druggie to me! and 'like moths to an alcohol-fuelled flame' - that's some creative writing right there!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=87&objectid=10520976

banks... self made man in everyway, his mother was a hooker, he had no father, poor as a mouse, and look now, love him or hate him a big sucess. i worked with an old girlfriend of his and apparently he is not into drugs, but enjoys the odd tipple.

but we def need to cut the drunks on the streets in the early morning's, krd at 8am on weekends is a bit of a joke as far as drunks/fights/urinating-vomiting in public, if anything will happen it should be targeted at trouble spots (i:e: Supper club) not just a blanket ban.

but we def need to cut the drunks on the streets in the early morning's, krd at 8am on weekends is a bit of a joke as far as drunks/fights/urinating-vomiting in public, if anything will happen it should be targeted at trouble spots (i:e: Supper club) not just a blanket ban.

That's unfair. The hospo crew need somewhere to go after they've finished WORKING.

I think it's a good thing that we have 'concentrated' areas where people CAN go, ie. "Supper Club"... Essentially means, if you're not into it, you can avoid it.

It's also easier on Police this way, because they know that post 6am, they need only concentrate most of their patrols to the upper K'Road area or whatever.

In the UK they employ these 3am closure tactics, and I'll tell you what's worse than the occasional bump in violence on high street.. Try unloading 300 drunken 18-35year olds onto the streets from each club at the SAME time!! Male vs Male, Female vs Female, Female vs Male violence + alcohol = way higher chance of a shit storm!! In fact, there were a few UK docos on TV recently - massive violent shit storms, all caught on their CCTV cameras that are everywhere. I truly doubt this would bring the rate down, if anything it'd increase it!

yep staff can go and drink after work, but find another place to do it, its not so much the customers from supper club , it's the people who hang around outside it and they are there cos its like bein in a club standing on the footpath the music more often than not is pumping hard and its a magnet for the dregs. everyone i know has a "early morning story from supperclub".

but i guess in saying all that it would just happen elsewhere, i think the cops need to have more of a presence on the streets (cops walking the streets in patrols)in the short/long term which would def lower the crime, as the old saying goes "you can never find a cop when you need one"

Go John Banks! I knew he wouldn't let this go ahead.

K'Rd is a fucken disgrace, i know people who more or less refuse to go to uptown gigs these days. Definitely support any high-pressure water activities put forward by dnb.co.nz members

Over in melbs we are having a 3am lock out 3 month trial thing. Where u can not enter any club after 3am which is shit because u get locked out or kicked out and the streets are full with drugged or drunk munters. It is also shit for the smokers if there is no smoking deck.

What they are planning in aucks sounds worse that would be shit

Go John Banks! I knew he wouldn't let this go ahead.

K'Rd is a fucken disgrace, i know people who more or less refuse to go to uptown gigs these days.

Not any more of a disgrace than downtown tbh

There's no fucking way that K Rd is worse than the Viaduct. ugh.

I too will agree with Wanksy for the first and last time ever lil right wing maggot he is!! anywho..

hamilltron has a 3am closing and man o man that produces some fucking ugly hectic shit... I think the 24 hour ting is good, cos it means that seemingly there are more incidents of drunken crimes, But if shit closed at 3 everyone would get twisted as fuck to the point o comatose before they roll to the clurbs and then come 3am , its Rugger VS Rugger , Thurg Vs Thurg, Crack head Vs Crack head Thurg Vs Rugger, Crack head Vs Thurg ,gfield sth african pretty bwoys VS Bbay.Rothsaybay,murrysbay,torbay pink polo shirt wearing met and code frequenting, "lets go to krd cos we think we is cool type guys" , cops all hopped up on jeebus and the queen vs everyone and the hapless raver loitering with saucer eyes being toasted by all formentioned parties...

ALTHOUGH there would be some (finally) good warehouse raves... (ahhhh Normanby)

And furthermore Krd is and always has been the fucking bizzo.. I heart the grimeyness. if you cant handle fuck off to ponsnobby, Albany the viaduct or parnell.. nuff sed,,..Newton city geee-rhymieness for the win!

end rant

And furthermore Krd is and always has been the fucking bizzo.. I heart the grimeyness. if you cant handle fuck off to ponsnobby, Albany the viaduct or parnell.. nuff sed,,..Newton city geee-rhymieness for the win!

Don't get me wrong I am a fan of K'Rd as a historic and cultural icon of Auckland city.. I could reminisce all day about all the dope stores that used to be there, underground record shops like Cybaculture, 123, Revival Records, also Hunters & Collectors, and until recently Brazil.. I also get dark about historic buildings being ripped down and the tacky "gentrification" of our city areas that's wiping away all the vibes and character.. grimeyness is all good, BUT I digress..

K'Rd at night, yeah/nah - hostile vibes, full of date-rapists (Ink) and headhunters rejects (24), every time I'm up there I see something fucked like ambulances outside Family scraping up GHB victims from the pavement.. people spewing all over the pavement.. a bouncer beating the shit out of a homeless man who just wanted to go into a club for a drink.. etc etc..

and no, I don't go to the viaduct, parnell etc.. good call about the viaduct though, it's certainly a lot more dangerous in terms of random fights than the K...

I work on K Rd (in a bar) and although I see a lot of crap goin on (and lately it has been a bit worse) I blame people and not alcohol.

I've never seen bouncers beating anyone up on K Rd and usually the ambulances outside family are just popping into the dairy next door for a snack.

Apparently KC's have been a bit more active in Auckland lately, and so K Rd is an obvious target.

The police have been better this year, with a dedicated inner city task force checking bars to make sure they're not serving drunk people etc etc. With the police being more visible people are becoming more understanding of the whole situation, and even behaving better! (or at the least being understanding when they're told they can't have another drink.

Changing laws would be jumping the gun and nullifying any progress thats been made.

Even if this does happen some bars will still have event licenses (24/7/365) and some bars will just have regular lock-ins, and so the flood of munters will happen later and be worse.

etc etc etc

I also get dark about historic buildings being ripped down and the tacky "gentrification" of our city areas that's wiping away all the vibes and character...

some of the 'better' towers going up in the CBD are retaining some walls from the historic type smaller structures instead of knocking them completely down, which is dope! needs more of this though and less ugly apartment block spam...

but yeah, on topic, some of the K'rd bars are in a pretty bad state late fri/sat nights, in a whole different league to the viaduct/parnell/taka/albany scene. neverthelss, you don't really see rugby-inter-highschool-grudge brawl events happening on K'rd that seem to 'frequent' the taka scene?