hometown pride i love ak

tumsk

WORD!!!!!!! Hometown pride !!

I love this city.!

I love the people.!

we cop a fair bit of flack from our southern cuzzies but they just ribbing us innit, everyday i look out my window and say "another great day in paradise" then fart and count my lucky stars thats i can fluff without fear.

P.L.U.R

8am drive over the harbour bridge heading north every morning is the best way to start my days. Sometimes we forget just how awesome it is. I suggest getting up Mt Eden on a nice day every once in a while to remember where we are.

just out of curiosity who here has walked up rangitoto? if u havent done it, you gotta get out there and tick it off the list, its a great day trip.. theres fuckin big caves over there, colonial housing, even an oldschool grass tennis court. plus the crater is fuckn huge. do it. maybe not during winter tho

yup I lurrrves the AK specifically NEWTON MOFUCKIN CIDDY... from new north rd over to gt north krd symonds street ,myers park cross st beresford sq st benidicts upper q its all there and its alllll good!

I am a great fan o GI and south too and otahuhu.

when I moved here nearly 8 years ago, I can clearly remember crusing up the motor way and passing the clock temp sign thing just b4 symonds street and having an overwhelming sense of being "home" I have lived all over NZ and before I moved to ak I never had that.. big ups the ak massive

all auckland needs is snow in the wintertime,an indoor skatepark that doesnt suck and isnt in a church in glen innes and id be perfectly content to never leave...

After living in chch for a few years its gay having no snow for even a lil bit of winter

haha i used to do off season baseball training in that church/indoorskatepark thingy.

bahaha sunskate!! What happened to cityside?

my friend dan whineray used to own it with his mum and dad and basically their lease ran out and that fuckin bitch suzanne paul bought the building and didnt want "a bunch of little hoodlums" wrecking the place.....i think she sold it the week the park closed down too....

despite the fact that dan had provided a safe place for people to drop their kids off to skate and kept more than a few of us "hoodlums" off the street.

i never saw one fight,or heard of anyone getting anything stolen from that place,everybody treated it with respect and helped keep it tidy(aside from a bit of "street art" adorning the walls)it was affordable and had a family vibe to it,mum and dad could even park up on the couch with a cuppa and watch the news or shorties while the sprogs shredded up the park,during winter it was a 2nd home to many of my friends and i....i was in queenstown when they had the last all night session so im pretty gutted i missed out on that.....no indoor skatepark in new zealand has ever stayed open longer than 5 years i think....some one always kills the buzz...