You Know Your A Bass Head When.......

Hakomi

...when you're ears suffer from tinnitus

or permanent ringing in the ears

Gutted mate

I had this after phat 05 though it wasn't permanent it lasted for about 2 days though. Also after dillinja and lemon d i got a small dose of it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a little of topic not much though.

One of my favourite things these days is to watch/listen to people trying to recreate a dnb tune with their own voice box. Admitantly sometimes its decipherable but mot of the time they just look and sound like muppets.

It just cracks me up when you get back from a gig and you and your mates are still half cut and one of your mates comes up and says

"Hey dude do you know that tune that ......... played, it was in the middle of his set and went whhhhaaaammmmp de whap kish kish boooom.

I just play along and get them to keep trying to create the tune until i eventually bust with laughter.

haha, love doing this too

i'll mill around work most days humming a tune, although after reading that...people in my office probably have me down as 'the crazy guy'

...when you're ears suffer from tinnitus

or permanent ringing in the ears

Gutted mate

I had this after phat 05 though it wasn't permanent it lasted for about 2 days though. Also after dillinja and lemon d i got a small dose of it.

Yeah gut's.. When mixing I get occasional static in my left ear (not the headphones) brought a pair of alpine ear plugs.. Don't know why, it's always me turning it up. Gonna have to go easy, already sayin "WHAT?" too often...

..you can't help but try and beatmatch the indicator 'clicks' with the track playing on your car stereo...

or beatmatching the indicator clicks with the windscreen wipers

OMG... the infamous in-car double drop... that's some next level bidniz right there

..you can't help but try and beatmatch the indicator 'clicks' with the track playing on your car stereo...

or beatmatching the indicator clicks with the windscreen wipers

OMG... the infamous in-car double drop... that's some next level bidniz right there

when u think uv got a phantom brain cancer on the back of your skull, caused by the un-used head phone resting there while u mix.

Or when some sound monkey uses the front of house speakers as a monitor, and u give him the thumbs up.

*you fall in love with a crossfader

*you cant stop twisting knobs and eq, or you cant sleep unless youve had a quick mix.

*when you dream about creating the perfect bassline

*your humming tunes in your head all the time

*and while humming tunes youve clicked what tracks to that work well together

*your posting in this forum cos you know its about drum n bass

• 2 weeks later...

instead of having a "proper" shin dig for a milestone birthday with family and friends, at a nice bar... you go to the ski town mardi gras to do a gig and hopefully check out the upbeats set...

.....you wish the tv had eqs and fx.

.....you hear 2 tvs phasing so you play with the volume for a mix.

.....you come home at 7am every weekend and start crankin tunes and dont understand why the neighbours never say hello.

.....you come home at 7am every weekend and start crankin tunes and dont understand why the neighbours never say hello.

I did that for the first time at my new place a couple of weekends ago.... The people up stairs didnt come down and complain so Im rather happy about that

Was riding the ghetto wagon (public transport) to work a couple of weeks ago and could faintly recognise the snare of a 170bpm snare from someones headphones.

Spent a good couple of minutes trying to trainspot the tune, before I came to the realisation that it may be impossible, and was just plain sad.

Was riding the ghetto wagon (public transport) to work a couple of weeks ago and could faintly recognise the snare of a 170bpm snare from someones headphones.

Spent a good couple of minutes trying to trainspot the tune, before I came to the realisation that it may be impossible, and was just plain sad.

Ha Ha! Hard out I hear ya on this one Bruvva!