What would you do?

phonetics

man, check this.

My landlady's daughter has had a male friend over for the last couple of days, he's new to me and i didn't like him as soon as i met him (albiet briefly). he had bad vibes about him, you know?

So he tells me he's just bought this new car (1992 Mitsubishi Galant) and tells me it needs a new battery. I go to work today, come home, get in my car to drive to get some beers and my car won't start, nothing, dead...i'm thinking "that's wierd" and then, "oh that new part i recently installed must have shorted out my electrics"...upon closer inspection i find that my car battery has been stolen...like ripped out and the battery holder has been completely damaged too. My missing battery is now replaced with a defunct smaller battery...similar to what you may find in...lets say a Mitsubishi Galant by any chance?? That little *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* has STOLEN my car battery man.

Little *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* .

I know his name and the street upon which he lives, so i'm asking;

what would you do?

P.S. over this town, can't wait to move up North...

Edited by Guest

hmmm....if he is from marenui in napier i would probably not pay him a visit if i was you tom....they will kill you round there....

stealing his whole car would be better.....send it off a cliff.

yeah man, i ain't going near the Nui! He lives up on the Hill so i'm tempted to pay a visit, plus the car would be in the ideal location to be sent off the cliff

avoid the nui at all costs....

i went to the skatepark there once and there was 8yr olds drinkin 12% woodstocks at 9 in the morning and a mongrel mob guy flashed a gun at us outside the local dairy....probably the scariest places ive ever been in nz....

maybe just tell the cops about your battery stealing friend....especially if he's just a young buck...

hahaha

well i've decided to call the fuzz and let them sort it out, they've just been and had a look plus they'll hopefully get some prints off the dead battery that was replaced (which is now safe in my shed).

as luck would have it, the little thief arrived looking for my flatmates daughter about 10mins after the cops left and was more than co-operative in showing me the 'new' battery which he got from the breakers yard yesterday...

hahaha

well i've decided to call the fuzz and let them sort it out, they've just been and had a look plus they'll hopefully get some prints off the dead battery that was replaced (which is now safe in my shed).

as luck would have it, the little thief arrived looking for my flatmates daughter about 10mins after the cops left and was more than co-operative in showing me the 'new' battery which he got from the breakers yard yesterday...

was it your one?

no it wasn't my battery man...but something ain't right. He could of put that one in his car to prove he didn't take mine or just took mine and sold it...?

why else would he drive over? to look for my landlady's daughter? can't he just text her or go round to the house they all hang out at?!

man...he was like "you can search my car if you like?"

(yeah something tells me it blatently isn't going to be there...)

probably stole it and swapped it with a mates... showing you was probably some ingenious ruse to quell your suspissions

The cops will hopefully put 2 and 2 together and ask him to prove his story about where he got the battery from

Anyway, I say good on you for calling the fuzz... vigilante justice has it's place... and it's not best wasted on something as pathetic as some young punk stealing car batteries. Wait till someone kills or rapes a family member before you take poo revenge on them

thanks man, i'm not gonna do anything untoward, but its so hard not too

yeah i don't think you're far wrong as regards the battery swapping tactic.

He's completely f*cked up by leaving the old battery in my car though, upon closer inspection i've found a great finger print in the residue on the top, plus lots of copper pieces which i recognise from his frayed copper cables when he showed me his car this morning...

I hope the cops can figure this one out, i'm gonna call them tomorrow about the extra info. just hope they find a god damn finger print of his on this swapped battery which i'm currently guarding

man, what really gets my back up is that he thinks its okay to do this to someone and if he gets away with it its classic reoffender material...

hmmm....if he is from marenui in napier i would probably not pay him a visit if i was you tom....they will kill you round there....

stealing his whole car would be better.....send it off a cliff.

yeah man, i ain't going near the Nui! He lives up on the Hill so i'm tempted to pay a visit, plus the car would be in the ideal location to be sent off the cliff

Haha!! good times! I feel sorry for you mate, I lived in napier for a year (1993 - 4) and everyone was anti-jungle (at the time) it was all just trance and techno a mate and I were the outcasts of society then, wouldnt be surprised if it was still the same now. At the time it was the good buzz crew, brad, nigel etc.. lol.. But the electronic scene has always been great in napier

Haha!! good times! I feel sorry for you mate, I lived in napier for a year (1993 - 4) and everyone was anti-jungle (at the time) it was all just trance and techno a mate and I were the outcasts of society then, wouldnt be surprised if it was still the same now. At the time it was the good buzz crew, brad, nigel etc.. lol.. But the electronic scene has always been great in napier

thanks man haha.

seriously, things haven't really changed from the people i've spoken to in music shops, bars and at work. Most people look at me weird when i mention the words 'drum' and 'bass' in the same sentence.

*latest developments*

(this sh*t gets better...)

so i'm milling about the house today, not really feeling like i wanna do much. the phone rings and there's a young lad on the line (the same lad who allegedly stole my battery) who wants to speak to my landlady. He says he just drove past my landlady's other flat and says the door is wide open...my landlady returns from checking the vacant flat saying that someone has unlocked the door, gone in and smashed a window, but smashed the window from the inside!? The only other person with a key is my landlady's daughter, battery thiefs friend!

consequently, landlady's daughter has fallen out with a 'few' of her friends today...hmmm. oh and she's also 'misplaced' the back door key to my house (where me and my landlady live). great.

so looks like i'll be on guard duty tomorrow