Egg Cartons / Sound Deadening

zzzp

Need to sort some cheap sound deadning for the death pit.. I was thinking of getting some ragged old mattress'ss's's then putting some egg cartons over the top... Its a 9meter by 3meter sound put with 2 subs n 8 speakers, so really need to try keep friends with the neighbors.

Suggestions?

There isn't really any way to soundproof your house without spending a shit load of money. The egg cartons won't do shit... the matresses might help a little.

Boarding up your windows with sandbags inside will help quite a bit. Making your house airtight will also help (e.g. door seals, random holes etc). Going and talking to your neighbors and coming to an arrangement about how loud is acceptable during which hours and what time you need to turn down the bass etc will help A LOT

give your neighbours some free pies

Yep, scotta do summat for relations with yer neighbours eh?

I'd go for the transperant approach - "Yep, I'm a DJ. Yep, I wanna and will make noise.. When's best for you? Got Kid's etc?"

Besides... Isn't this the same Brainsaw that was goin on about trying too prevent hearing loss just last week??

I scored some ragged ply sheet 20mm thick today so that will act as another buffer.. This pits guna be used and abused; you shall soon see. Doesnt need to be 100% sound proof, just to dampen it especially the highs.

recommend you put it over the windows with some absorbing material inbetween... the sound retention of your house is only as good as it's weakest points.

Windows? Dont' think you guys have seen what Zak is up to aye. He's got stuck in under his house with a spade and built his own noise-pit

He's got stuck in under his house with a spade and built his own noise-pit

nice one man, sounds interesting

thought i'd just point out your probably gonna need some kind of earth retention in your noise-pit, last thing your gonna want is for it to cave-in on your equipment, or on you!?