any suggestions ?

Guest Aphra

okay.. so i wanna get some good D&B to listen to..

how do i download some mp3s?

what web site? is it easy?

any ideas on some good D&B to start with?

i dunno where to start really

cheers

get a program called soulseek or slsk, they have dnb specific channels that you can join and download songs from

mind you, im just informing you about this, i cannot personally be held responsible for how you use this program, and i am obliged to inform you that the downloading of unlicenced MP3 files is illegal.

cant really link you.. but just google:

soulseek

or

slsk

its a pretty straight forward peer to peer file sharing program.

Refer to my comments above about me taking absolutely no responsibility for your actions using this program

If you want to try out Soulseek, visit http://www.slsknet.org/

The program is not illegal, the use of it is not illegal as the media shared on it is purely for backup purposes etc etc :emo:

For teh newbies out there... the links mentioned above are probably your best bet, as to use Soulseek is not exactly hard, but to set it up properly in some cases requires extra advanced config... router port forwarding/firewall exceptions... not fun for teh newb... or for teh person trying to explain it to you :eekhump:

Or... ask Nato to come pimp out his steeze... he's a known file distro whore, he loves sharing illegally obtained media :eusa_liar:

If you don't mind streaming online then http://www.breakbeat.co.uk is about the best you'll find. They have all the latest tunes and put up a new mix a couple of times a month, as well as archiving allot of old stuff.

If you want the mp3s then use soulseek (if you have a mac I suggest using the nicotine client). You do need to know how to use your computer to set it up but once you have you can easily use the search function. If you want to get really serious and get dubs and so on you need start chatting to people and trading your tunes. Soulseek can be very addictive once you have a decent list of people who get all the latest unreleased tunes. I know a certain "Spectrum" character who spends most of his time on there.

Another good place to get mp3s from is MIRC. But that is quite complicated and another story.

maybe a bit of atmospherics

make me so sleepy.

www.bassdrive.com always have a stream, I only bother listenign to the Therapy Sessions stream but it's a 24/7 channel, with quality djs.

www.jungletrain.net is pretty good, alot of the guys that I listened to when I first got into dnb have moved to this station, keep and ear our for DJ Relapse and Hungry Tiger.

BBC Radio also have a few good shows, Mary Anne Hobs show is quite cool sometimes with some interesting non dnb cuts in there. Groove Rider also has a show which would be about loud dubs no doubt.

You could just wait to meet the godfather of mp3's might be able to stear you in the right direction im sure some of the lost tunes hez got could easiy be sent your way just depends wat he wants for them aye, hez well into trading.

ps:Fuk some of the new shit is of the fukin hook. You wouldnt believe the collabarations that will be coming out,probly like in a years time or so but hay why not fleece it if you can.

please only play mp3's in descreation it is alegal after all.

and no im not a pirate .

Edited by Guest