600ml DEMON

Merge

over the last year or so i've tried and tested many of these drinks, and will give my opinions:

relentless - personally i enjoy the taste of it, and the "buzz" isn't too heavy, but still picks you up more than a 250ml redbull or v. i find relentless good when i'm feeling like a bit more energy around mid-afternoon to keep me going into the evening but still be able to sleep later when the time comes.

rockstar - probably the worst tasting, it's all good but a bit too sweet. the "buzz" is also reasonable, similar to that of a relentless.

original demon - stronger "buzz" than the other 2, tastes pretty damn good, keeps me cranking for a good while. i'm sure the first one i had i was up and going for about 8 hours, although with most things the tolerance has built up to these.

demon killa cola - when these entered the market i was stoked. all i had wanted, the caffeine hit disguised by a nice refreshing cola as opposed to its own sweet unique flavour. i actually think as far as cola's go, this is a really enjoyable cola, i'd still drink it now and then even if it didn't have any caffeine in it just for its taste. it tastes somewhere between the old school jolt cola, and the phoenix natural cola (original natural cola, NOT the honey sweetened one). even if the kick out of these seems a notch less than the tropical or the original, they're off the hook.

demon troppo - another great demon release. same buzz as the original flavour, but a really enjoyable tropical tasting fizzy drink.

to summarise, i think demon has got it going on as their drinks hit you the hardest and taste the best. they seem to have gone to a lot of effort to make the drinks taste as good as they could get them to, whereas rockstar tastes pretty average. so yeah, if it's a morning-early afternoon hit, i'll go a demon, and if it's a bit later in the arvo i'll take a relentless. a mix of the 3 demons available is key so you don't get sick of 1 flavour. i've found to be buying tropical the most lately, but binged on the killa cola when it came out.

the big-size red bull cans are fine, but i'm kinda over the sickly taste and smell of red bull. i saw yesterday that v have released the 500ml cans. this is good cause i reckon v has to be the nicest tasting energy drink of the lot when served ice cold. chopped back the 500ml, enjoyed it cause usually after the 250ml's have gone down in 3 sips i'm left unsatisfied and needing more. the 500ml was good as once it was over i had had my fill. it picked me up for about 2 or 3 hours, but i found myself asleep at the desk 4 hours after drinking it and a feed later. so yeah, nothing on the demons which will keep me energised for hours.

also, when i first saw the 600ml bottles of demon i bought a killa cola. was great, kept me energised even longer than a 440ml as you'd expect, although i got a bit jittery at times and wasn't feeling fantastic once it had worn off.

Bit off-topic but imo Demon would do better if ther had better marketing. Logo/labels are pretty amateur hour which leaves me as a consumer wondering if the product itself is even safe to consume.

word. i would never buy that relentless shit, cos it looks too trash.

demon too. they look like bogan death drinks

Bit off-topic but imo Demon would do better if ther had better marketing. Logo/labels are pretty amateur hour which leaves me as a consumer wondering if the product itself is even safe to consume.

Yeah I agree. Also the fact that I’m right in their target market, yet had never heard of Relentless or any of the other new products, may indicate that they’re not getting their messages out there properly.

I stopped drinking Red Bull when I got told that drinking even one can (not per day just one can full stop) dramatically increases your risk of a spontaneous heart attack. Can anyone confirm this rumour? I think it was based on a Herald article or something. Also I heard that Taurine is an extract made from a Bull's spinal fluid (hence it not getting the vegan tick). If anyone with too much time on their hands could research these and post the relevant info that would be stellar. Cheers

Yeah I agree. Also the fact that I’m right in their target market, yet had never heard of Relentless or any of the other new products, may indicate that they’re not getting their messages out there properly.

Demon should employ me to make an advert for them....then the target market will be hit... I have concepts for dayz... (mostly developed after drinking oads of them)

Who am I kidding, Ive got too much time on my hands

From Wiki:

Reports of elevated stroke and heart attack risk:

"On August 15, 2008, researchers from the Cardiovascular Research Centre at the Royal Adelaide Hospital reported that just one can of Red Bull can increase the risk of heart attack or stroke, even in young people: "One hour after they drank Red Bull, [their blood systems] were no longer normal. They were abnormal like we would expect in a patient with cardiovascular disease." Lead Researcher Scott Willoughby added that Red Bull "could be deadly when combined with stress or high blood pressure, impairing proper blood vessel function and possibly lifting the risk of blood clotting.[21]"

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=03df02dc-283d-422a-910e-f9d46bf0f323

Taurine:

"Taurine in the pharmaceutical and lab setting is synthesized through a combination of cysteine, methionine and vitamin E. It is naturally produced in testicles of many mammals. Urban legends surrounding the source of taurine have included bull urine extract and bull semen. While it's true that taurine is found in both sources, it is not the source of taurine in the pharmaceutical or food industry. And while taurine is sometimes extracted from the intestines of cattle, many food industry sources, including the popular energy drink Red Bull, make efforts [my emphasis] to use synthesized sources that are vegetarian friendly."

The source they cited for that one was the Red Bull website.

They "make an effort"....that IS REASSURING.

If there is even a hint of Bull Semen in my Red Bull i am gonna be very angry. I hardly drink the shit but when I do I like to know its "semen free".

Although....could be a good start to a delicious coctail

The Bukkake - Red Bull & Baileys with a couple of lychees floating on the top

nate loves the coc.

he just sent me a pm inviting me to go on a field trip out to some farm

lets go straight to the source

his plan was to walk up to bulls and say

"hey man, hook me up some taurine, i'll suck your dick"

...ive got these cheeseburgers man!

fiend.

REMO.. seek help mate

ha ha ha ha ha. tell every person who can't leave home in the morning without their coffee fix, or get through the day without their constant coffees the same thing. i for one hate the shit. gotta get that caffeine somehow, we're the energy drink generation mayn.

but yeah, i think my being around uni all day and every time i go into the munchy mart having some new "wonder drink" forced in my face at a competitive price has sparked the cycle and kept me up with the latest and greatest on the market. indulged in a "supplement water" today, yet another brand spanking new product. the green one is the "enery" one, contains 104mg caffeine and a whole lot of vitamins and shit. was definitely all good, and bound to be better for the body than a demon.

haha, damn its not just me!!!!! love a good cuppa man, just started getting back into drinking tea again, awesome.

rem offender-- bro you should write drinks reviews- i wanna try one of these crazy drinks now ive been missing out on the crazy laughs and fun times. oh lord.

so how much 'shit' is in these 600ml drinks? re stiumlants / anti sleep'essants...

I assume they're not produced to be funneled or anything but shit...

My heart rate goes through the roof now that I've been off the Jager Bombs for a while... even if I drink one small red bull...

A double shot coffee doesn't pump my heart up like these energy drinks do... not to mention cold sweats... pretty rough on ya liver and heart!