Best CDJ / 4ch Mixer setup for $6000?

paulg

Stil, I wish there was some way I could make a Rane Empath mate with an A&H 92 so I could keep the baby

It would pretty much be the Empath with the A&H filters.. ungh ungh!! *drool*

the empath is built outta the same components as the xone 92.. penny & guile faders etc.. so an empath with filters basically is the 92

Well yeah the faders are made by the same manufacturer - Penny & Giles as you say - but they still sound, feel and respond differently

ie... scratching/fast-cuts on the A&H = fail

scratching/fast-cuts on the Rane = win: fatality

can't beat the sound quality of the 92 though

Stil, I wish there was some way I could make a Rane Empath mate with an A&H 92 so I could keep the baby

It would pretty much be the Empath with the A&H filters.. ungh ungh!! *drool*

the empath is built outta the same components as the xone 92.. penny & guile faders etc.. so an empath with filters basically is the 92

Well yeah the faders are made by the same manufacturer - Penny & Giles as you say - but they still sound, feel and respond differently

ie... scratching/fast-cuts on the A&H = fail

scratching/fast-cuts on the Rane = win: fatality

can't beat the sound quality of the 92 though

The 92's adjustable crossfader curve is fine, gives you everything from a hard cut right through to x curve.

The 92's adjustable crossfader curve is fine, gives you everything from a hard cut right through to x curve.

I disagree.. I'm sure the response is slower on the A&H.. and the curve control is like the size of a pill! You can't compare it to the Empath as in that respect IMO.. the A&H equivalent of the Empath i guess is the Xone:02 (their scratch/turntablist mixer), that said i haven't used it

kris, was that your denon mixer at carpark last thursday, that thing is the bizz, nicest mixer ive used in a loong time, real nice big eq knobs

http://www.evobyecler.com/

Heh, it's not a Denon it's an Ecler EVO 5. Dual fire wire sound cards built in, completely customisable EQ range & fader curves. Every button/knob/fader is a MIDI controller as well, and the effects can be customized, chained and saved. The sound quality of it is absolutely ridiculous. And most interestingly from a club installation point of view, it allows you to password protect the limiter setting (Darin King, and any other club-sound/setup manager's dream option). It was going to be that or the Korg Zero 8 Channel Mixer, but the reviews for that weren't so flash on the Sound Quality tip.

Wasn't meant to cost me over $3k, but it did because I got stung hard on the ridiculous import duty. So here's a pro tip, do NOT import anything over $400 in value - unless you're willing to pay duty.

Duty is only applicable on certain products. If you imported it as a company you could claim the GST back too

Yeah. PS. If anyone is importing anything, Mike is an awesome resource re: taxes. I found this out, afterwards. Haha.

Duty is only applicable on certain products. If you imported it as a company you could claim the GST back too

Yeah. PS. If anyone is importing/exporting anything, Mike is an awesome resource re: taxes. I found this out, afterwards. Haha.

My hourly rate can be paid in vinyl too

Anyone who wants to import anything (legal) and wants some basic pointers that aren't cost related I'll be able to help and if its large enough probably do it for you [/spam for business]

Fully can't decide still ... gunna drop by DMC world and have a jam on both if they got em setup, just see which one feels the best I guess.

I went in last week and asked for a CDJ1000MK3 and walked out half an hour later with Serato. Still not really sure what happenend but its the best decision ever made for me?

Fully can't decide still ... gunna drop by DMC world and have a jam on both if they got em setup, just see which one feels the best I guess.

I went in last week and asked for a CDJ1000MK3 and walked out half an hour later with Serato. Still not really sure what happenend but its the best decision ever made for me?

.. or the worst? jk's.

I'm so proud of you son