Web Designer

Hakomi

Can anyone reccomend a highly skilled web designer ?. I am talking to a few people but thought i would ask here as well

I have just secured some serious funding and im going to be creating a wicked new resource for all things DNB Breaks and Dubstep. Its not going to be a forum i can tell you that much but im keeping fairly quiet on exactly what it is.

It would be a bonus if the person was into above music but not essential. It will be well paid and have the possibility of ongoing work.

Good to see you're thinking all things breakbeat. Blokrok used to be the resource for that, and then Guidance so it'd be cool to see another 'all in one' resource for breakbeat related tings. The other two eventually dissolved unfortunately. You should try (if possible) to work closely with existing forums for the community side of tings.

Ha ha i just talked to Pakage about my ideas and the next version of dbnz basically covers them all

So im back to the drawing board

Except that it's mainly Drum and Bass here?

Good luck in whatever you end up doing... from my angle it seems theres a gap in the market for a online shop to be started up... but anything involving a database period is usually going to require at least two developers (a web designer and a developer for the back end). I can do the back end but I'm tied up otherwise I'd holla.

ez

Dunno, that site isn't up yet

Hard to tell what Presha will do with the online part of the store... if you take a look around at physical shops who make websites (conch.co.nz, beatmerchants.co.nz, realgroovy.co.nz), they mostly end up pretty average.

But you're right, web shops for vinyl do exist... I guess I should have made the point that a descent local one doesn't

Dunno, that site isn't up yet

Hard to tell what Presha will do with the online part of the store... if you take a look around at physical shops who make websites (conch.co.nz, beatmerchants.co.nz, realgroovy.co.nz), they mostly end up pretty average.

But you're right, web shops for vinyl do exist... I guess I should have made the point that a descent local one doesn't

Well we might as well wait till Friday then pass judgment...

records mainly... similar to chemical except local distribution

You would obtain these records from overseas by... If you need help with the logistics side of things let me know =)

It would be cheaper for anyone trying to import records in NZ just to go through Geoff in Welly.. and now he's got his own website/store as mentioned above..

Tom you mentioned serious funding? Spend it on a party

It would be cheaper for anyone trying to import records in NZ just to go through Geoff in Welly.. and now he's got his own website/store as mentioned above..

This is most likely true as he already has the contacts and is importing the volume... Competition is always good though

I wouldn't have gone down the track of trying to be an importer... when I refer to distribution I meant more in terms of maintaining stock and distributing/dealing with customers... a lot of work when you think about it.

No way I'd do it now especially with Geoff getting into the arena... theres no niche if he does it right. Yet another reason why I posted the idea (If it were viable it wouldn't be posted on a public forum)

Well we might as well wait till Friday then pass judgment...

Yea for sure... I never meant to discredit the Samurai online store... just vindicating my statement that theres a gap in the market right now... was more trying to show that there isn't currently a good online shop (conch, beatmerchants, realgroovy dont apply because they're average etc)

I say good luck to Geoff and hope it fulls the gap, will still probably buy from Beatmerchants though... win win for Geoff

The web samurai store is just gonna be a way to be able to order from the physical store online.

As well as to pre-orders for releases or promos that are incoming.

I hope its up to your stringent standards

And who doesnt like going for a dig...but some people in the back blocks of ekatahuna don't have that opportunity often.