Dj Equipment

Paint

Hi, I am interested in buying turntables and soundsystem etc. I wanted to mix mp3s but wasn't sure exactly what setup to use. Also, I do not have an unlimited budget , so am looking for whatever is best for cheapest.

If anyone can help with describing what I should get, best setup for mp3s etc, that would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone could suggest a shop I might go that would have it? Hope if I go there and buy everything there might be some kind of discount .

Thanks

Went to DMC, cdjs seem to be significantly cheaper than turntable + serato . The guy there said they have some kind of special on cdjs that they are cheaper til the end of the month (can't remember exact numbers but it seemed very convincing at the time ).

Probably the most I'd be prepared to spend would be $4000.

Does anyone have any advice on what make/model of cdj/mixer etc to look out for? Just if they have some kind of package deal on offer, I'd want to make sure that it is all good.

Tx for the help.

Went to DMC, cdjs seem to be significantly cheaper than turntable + serato . The guy there said they have some kind of special on cdjs that they are cheaper til the end of the month (can't remember exact numbers but it seemed very convincing at the time ).

Probably the most I'd be prepared to spend would be $4000.

Does anyone have any advice on what make/model of cdj/mixer etc to look out for? Just if they have some kind of package deal on offer, I'd want to make sure that it is all good.

Tx for the help.

Pm'd about the above

hey man, before you go buying brand new etc, my mate is selling 2x Technics 1210 Mk2's with a budget Gemini Mixer for around $1000 for the lot. that's pretty decent and the Technics have been used very little and kept in the box so are in very good condition...i've seen them myself.

you could buy the above and then get Serato in your budget. then have the option of using vinyl or MP3.

oh, the decks also come with some decent, pretty much unused Ortofon carts/needles too. i reckon he'd sell for $1200 all in...

Hmm well I am completely new to this lol, I am trying to find something middle ground, not too cheap that its no good, but not overly expensive.

I'm a student so don't have heaps of cash, I'm just trying to find the best setup to choose to practise/have fun with etc without having to drop out of uni and get a job .

tx

take this advice

get serato, 2 technics decks, and any old mixer with 3 freqs

pick up a average laptop n start learning..

move to cdj's once youve sussed vinyl, cdj's are easier to use but having played vinyl gives you a good base to start from

hey man, before you go buying brand new etc, my mate is selling 2x Technics 1210 Mk2's with a budget Gemini Mixer for around $1000 for the lot. that's pretty decent and the Technics have been used very little and kept in the box so are in very good condition...i've seen them myself.

you could buy the above and then get Serato in your budget. then have the option of using vinyl or MP3.

oh, the decks also come with some decent, pretty much unused Ortofon carts/needles too. i reckon he'd sell for $1200 all in...

this is a sweet as deal....if you have 4 grand then you would have 3 gs to spend on serato and a laptop...which is plenty...