so how was big day out?

beable

arrived to state of mind in boiler room which was good, went to turnaround @ lilly world straight after that which was also good. got on the piss in lilly world for most of the afternoon dancing to the artists they had there which were pretty sweet, then made way to boiler room for z-trip which was interesting, good for a while then got a bit chaotic so went back to lilly world and kept drinking until kolab at local produce which was ill as. bummed around after kolab and caught some other local "hiphop" which was not so great. went to green stage to catch dropkick murphys which was off the hook, got amongst a mosh pit for a bit there until i was exhausted as hell and realised i wasn't built for that sorta shit anymore. chilled out for a bit and caught prodigy from outside the boiler room (needed space and fuckin' hell was it hot in there). could see a screen with what was happening inside, went off. then rocked home and crashed out. all in all another bloody good day @ the bdo. ended up going the entire day without even entering the main stage area, flagged pendulum and neil young. also flagged lupe fiasco which i ain't regretting apparently he was running around all hyped on the stage acting like the celebrity he supposedly is singing his rubbish, stoked i chilled at lilly world skanking to some international dub/tribal influenced stuff instead.

BDO NUM 15 WAS MEEEEAN

highlights

SOM

ztrip

simian mobile disco

neil young

fantomas

headless chickens

lupe

hotchip

prodigy

the silent disco

lilly world

serj

timmy schu...

lowlights

the epic lines

pendulum ( I hate the fucking synth line they always use !! it makes me feel like im being told off)

the 2 hour wait for the train

the D in front o the main stage and that you cant smoke there.

the annoying robotic voice message they blast between each actt on the main stage

Noobs who dont know shit

and that im not working there instead o being a punter

well wrecked now.....but well worth it

cant wait till next bdo!

Yeah BDO was sweet.

My picks of the day:

1. Fantômas

2. Prodigy

3. Tiki

4. The Living End

5. Dropkick Murphys

Didn't get there early enough to see Subtract though which would have been sweet.

Low Points:

1. The train ride there - way too many drunk youths, my word how rude.

2. Missing the Trons - and they played two sets :/

3. How crazy people went when Pendulum bust that horrible synth.

4. Beer running out.

All in all another wicked BDO though.

People were saying it was the highlight of the day. Even bFM mentioned that Pendulum had one of the biggest crowds.

Party time rock-n-bass in the sun works I guess.

Heard some random in Real Groovy asking someone if they had any of their CD's on Saturday, I predict many sales of Pendulum merch after that performance...

[edit]

Further to that a quote from Russell Brown's blog...

Graham Reid wasn't quite so impressed: "they're like gymnasium music" he said. Well, that would be a pretty weird gym. But yes, it's fair to say it's utilitarian music. In conjunction with powerful audio-visual technology, it makes the people dance and have a crazy time. And that's okay.
Sums it up nicely Edited by Guest

Well "In Silico" shot up to #2 the day after BDO on the local iTunes chart, so I've heard. Havoc said on bFM that they "owned" the Big Day Out by a long way. Check the Youtube footage, pretty huge. Even though its not my thing, its gotta be good for dnb as a whole.

People were saying it was the highlight of the day. Even bFM mentioned that Pendulum had one of the biggest crowds.

Party time rock-n-bass in the sun works I guess.

Heard some random in Real Groovy asking someone if they had any of their CD's on Saturday, I predict many sales of Pendulum merch after that performance...

[edit]

Further to that a quote from Russell Brown's blog...

Graham Reid wasn't quite so impressed: "they're like gymnasium music" he said. Well, that would be a pretty weird gym. But yes, it's fair to say it's utilitarian music. In conjunction with powerful audio-visual technology, it makes the people dance and have a crazy time. And that's okay.
Sums it up nicely

Agreed, the Pendulum crowd was MASSIVE. I'll get Ed Head to post up a photo he took from the stands - definitely the biggest crowd I saw all day. And most people I talked to recalled Pendulum as their highlight of the day.

Definitely gonna push their sales through the roof, but it still doesn't mean they're good.

must say im pretty impressed .... could see it happening though when they started the band thing.

just a pity that they made it so generic .... the rock elements are typical rock, and the drum and bass elements are very basic too.

such a pity.